Player of the Month Winner - Lil_Shady - Picture of the Month Winner - apexle

Airsoft Forum & MILSIM Forums > Airsoft Gun Discussion > Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs > Airsoft gun not feeding correctly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2013, 05:26 AM   #1
TehNoobzPwner

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default Airsoft gun not feeding correctly

My gun is only feeding upside down. When I put it rightside up, with a high cap in, it will shoot 1 BB then I have to wind it. With mid caps it doesn't even feed. Sometimes the magazine doesn't even stay in the gun and it will just drop out. Is this a hop up problem or a mag catch problem or what? It isn't the magazines because in my regular primary it works perfectly fine.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2013, 05:29 AM   #2
badger_1

Liked 96 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehNoobzPwner
My gun is only feeding upside down. When I put it rightside up, with a high cap in, it will shoot 1 BB then I have to wind it. With mid caps it doesn't even feed. Sometimes the magazine doesn't even stay in the gun and it will just drop out. Is this a hop up problem or a mag catch problem or what? It isn't the magazines because in my regular primary it works perfectly fine.
sounds like a hop up, so have you taken the hop up out and inspected it? I assume this is an m4.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:36 AM   #3
TehNoobzPwner

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Yes, this is a Dboys M4. No I have not yet, since the Dboys has the allen key screws and I don't have the correct size. Hopefully this is just a hop up problem.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:42 AM   #4
badger_1

Quote:
Yes, this is a Dboys M4. No I have not yet, since the Dboys has the allen key screws and I don't have the correct size. Hopefully this is just a hop up problem.
sounds like it, of you're mags feed fine in other guns we can rule out mags. Is it having any other problems? When you dry fire, does it sound normal? Final question, when you take the mag out I'm of the gun, are there less bb's in the mag?

Old 06-16-2013, 05:46 AM   #5
TehNoobzPwner

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Yes, it sounds perfect. And yes when I take out the mag there is less bbs probably because 5 drop out every time. The gun is perfectly sound, except for that one problem.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:54 AM   #6
badger_1

Quote:
Yes, it sounds perfect. And yes when I take out the mag there is less bbs probably because 5 drop out every time. The gun is perfectly sound, except for that one problem.
hmm, interesting, well it's definitely something inside your hip unit? You could have a jammed bucking, there's a chance that your magazine is feeding but all the bb's are backing up into the gun, when you shake it around does it sound like It has bb's inside?

Old 06-16-2013, 06:01 AM   #7
TehNoobzPwner

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

No, the gun sounds quiet. But about the problem about my mags falling out, I tested my mags and 12/13 fit in without falling out. The one that doesn't is a King Arms mid cap. It works fine in every other gun, but not in this one. I even tried tape around it, and it still comes out.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:11 AM   #8
badger_1

Quote:
No, the gun sounds quiet. But about the problem about my mags falling out, I tested my mags and 12/13 fit in without falling out. The one that doesn't is a King Arms mid cap. It works fine in every other gun, but not in this one. I even tried tape around it, and it still comes out.
Then that could be your mag catch, or your gun just doesn't like ka mid caps, my gun doesn't like a&k mags, it's just how some guns are :/

Old 06-16-2013, 06:13 AM   #9
TehNoobzPwner

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Alright, so to conclude I guess, my gun has a dumb hop up and doesn't like King Arms mid caps. Got it. Thanks for your help. Within the next week or 2 I am going to GI Tactical and going to buy a Prowin hop up with a G&G bucking.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:17 AM   #10
badger_1

Quote:
Alright, so to conclude I guess, my gun has a dumb hop up and doesn't like King Arms mid caps. Got it. Thanks for your help. Within the next week or 2 I am going to GI Tactical and going to buy a Prowin hop up with a G&G bucking.
g&g green bucking equals good, No experience with the gi tactical, but gi's guns are decent, and the prowin chamber it seems people have mixed emotions about, but more are good than bad it seems

Quick Reply