Players of the Month Winner - Qui-Gon - Picture of the Month Winner - Jakester88

Airsoft Forum & MILSIM Forums > Airsoft Gun Discussion > Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs >

G&G cm16

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 10:43 PM   #1
Default G&G cm16

I'm wondering what is your guys suggested upgrades for the G&G cm16. I want to upgrade, but still under 400 fps and the total of upgrades under $70

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2011, 10:57 PM   #2
Liked 101 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 232

Get a few really nice batteries if you do not already have them.

For M4s, I recommend this

I would also get a madbull tightbore, systema bucking, SHS metal rack piston, metal bearing spring guide, new spring (depending on desired FPS),and an air-seal nozzle.

Some good things you can do to the weapon for cheap are:

-Reshim, regrease, reseal, adjust AOE, polish everything, wire to deans, and follow this guide

-Also, put in some sorbothane padding to increase the life of the V2 (and fillet the gearbox where the cylinder makes contact)

Good luck with your upgrades!

Adam Brown
Check out my builds HERE

Originally Posted by Uller View Post
Very clever,this method of getting your parts list.Unfortunately I am in the throws of moving,and have packed away my silverware drawer.

Last edited by Adman234; 05-31-2011 at 11:01 PM. Reason: increase V2 life with padding + radius GB
Old 06-01-2011, 01:13 AM   #3
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 17

the stock piston should be fine and the gun is already shooting sub 400 so a new spring isnt needed either....i would go with a tbb from madbull and a new bucking/nub either guarder clear, madbull blue
"I think this thread is the cause for the forehead indentation in my keyboard"-IHOP

"Yeah and since G&G internals are mostly crap anyway all they've got pretty much is their warranty....... use it while you have it, because when you're off it and something breaks you'll have a mountain to climb."-HS5

"Your silencer would fly off your pistol and hit some kid in the face before the bb would. Then he would start screaming with a silencer protruding through is skull wondering if hes out or not"-DM

Quick Reply