Player of the Month Winner - Qui-Gon - Picture of the Month Winner - Lil_Shady

Airsoft Forum & MILSIM Forums > Airsoft Gun Discussion > Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs > G&G cm16

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 09:43 PM   #1
kevinkc

Default G&G cm16

I'm wondering what is your guys suggested upgrades for the G&G cm16. I want to upgrade, but still under 400 fps and the total of upgrades under $70

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2011, 09:57 PM   #2
Adman234
"Old Greg"

Liked 101 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 232

Get a few really nice batteries if you do not already have them.

For M4s, I recommend this

I would also get a madbull tightbore, systema bucking, SHS metal rack piston, metal bearing spring guide, new spring (depending on desired FPS),and an air-seal nozzle.

Some good things you can do to the weapon for cheap are:

-Reshim, regrease, reseal, adjust AOE, polish everything, wire to deans, and follow this guide

-Also, put in some sorbothane padding to increase the life of the V2 (and fillet the gearbox where the cylinder makes contact)

Good luck with your upgrades!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uller View Post
Very clever,this method of getting your parts list.Unfortunately I am in the throws of moving,and have packed away my silverware drawer.

Last edited by Adman234; 05-31-2011 at 10:01 PM. Reason: increase V2 life with padding + radius GB

Old 06-01-2011, 12:13 AM   #3
klinefrog

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 17

the stock piston should be fine and the gun is already shooting sub 400 so a new spring isnt needed either....i would go with a tbb from madbull and a new bucking/nub either guarder clear, madbull blue

"I think this thread is the cause for the forehead indentation in my keyboard"-IHOP

"Yeah and since G&G internals are mostly crap anyway all they've got pretty much is their warranty....... use it while you have it, because when you're off it and something breaks you'll have a mountain to climb."-HS5

"Your silencer would fly off your pistol and hit some kid in the face before the bb would. Then he would start screaming with a silencer protruding through is skull wondering if hes out or not"-DM

Quick Reply