Player of the Month Winner - Expendable - Picture of the Month Winner - Knief

Airsoft Forum & MILSIM Forums > Airsoft Gun Discussion > Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs > which hopup bucking?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2009, 10:19 PM   #1
munchflo

Default which hopup bucking?

I heard that a new hopup bucking helps to increase the consitancy of your shooting for little money. I have a stock JG G36K, what brand and which one should I buy? How do soft, hard or very hard buckings effect the shooting?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2009, 10:56 PM   #2
Sparky_D
Administrator

Liked 496 Times on 406 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Brands? Madbull, Guarder, Systema, Prometheus

I've used all with success. Sometimes you have to test different ones, though.
My UMG does great with Madbull, my P90 hates Madbull but loves Guarder, my ICS likes Systema and Madbull but not Guarder. I know, it's wierd...

As for hard vs. soft, hard buckings are for higher FPS setups (350+), soft buckings are for sub-350 FPS. This is a general rule of thumb, though. Some have other theories, but this appears to be fairly common accepted school of thought. I run hard and 60-70% buckings in most all my guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knief View Post
This forum doesn't exist to validate your bad ideas.

Trouble searching?
Try this: http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f4/searching-small-commonly-used-words-forum-77733/

Old 09-01-2009, 08:33 PM   #3
jamesairsoft

Sparky has pretty much summed it up but he didnt mention the amazing brand that is FIREFLY!!! By far the best, it uses a V shaped hop and puts backspin on form several angles. However they are hard to find D:

Old 09-01-2009, 08:46 PM   #4
G36fanatic...
Supporting Member

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 16

munchflo, last active 6-9-09 "post date 1-5-09"

But whatever. I use the guarder 70% and I am very pleased. I also hear the systema bucking is even better. Prommy buckings are supposed to be amazing, but the problem is with the hard one, its too hard. Unless you tephlon tape the hop up, a lot of people have seal issues. But its an easy fix.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:59 PM   #5
mollylover45

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have used systema buckings and they are sturdy like a rock, anyone know where to find a firefly bucking? (yes i know this is an old thread)

Chuck norris was once bit by a cobra...
After 5 days of agonizing pain the cobra died.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:27 PM   #6
Sparky_D
Administrator

Liked 496 Times on 406 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Airsoft Atlanta was the last US site I saw that had(s) them in stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knief View Post
This forum doesn't exist to validate your bad ideas.

Trouble searching?
Try this: http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f4/searching-small-commonly-used-words-forum-77733/

Quick Reply