Player of the Month Winner - Expendable - Picture of the Month Winner - Knief

Airsoft Forum & MILSIM Forums > Airsoft Gun Discussion > Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs > Turning a JG G3 into a DMR... Suggestions/help, please?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2010, 11:25 PM   #1
Patinator

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Turning a JG G3 into a DMR... Suggestions/help, please?

Well, a year ago I bought one of my first two airsoft guns- a JG G3. Specifically their T3 K3- long barrel, full stock. In otherwords, a G3A3. This: https://www.airsoftmegastore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=JG-100-T3K3

I'd like to turn it into a DMR, so... I could use some suggestions. I'm really not looking to optimize it for skirmishability, though (see note at bottom of post).

So, I guess... a bipod, a scope, and maybe a cheek pad would suffice since it has a tightbore barrel, stock, and I really don't want to dig into the gun's internals... at all. :/ Bad experiences...

First question: There's a Classic Army bipod for their G3 on Airsoft GI (CA FS3 Bipod by: Classic Army - Airsoft GI - Welcome to the ultimate). Would it fit on JG's G3 without trouble? If not, what will?

Second question: In looking for scope rails for G3s, I find that people often have problems fitting them to a G3, but not an MP5, so... I'd like an educated person to recommend me a scope rail for it. :s Perhaps a scope too, but I know what I'm lookin' for, there.

Third question: Looking just on Airsoft GI, I can't find a sniper's cheek pad. Just ammo holders. Help? x_x I'm short on time nowadays.

Sorry if any of these questions are dumb. ^^; Help is appreciated, guys.

Note - This is my way of squirming out of digging into the gearbox and crap to replace the spring and stuff, which would certainly result in me screwing the gun up and having it sent back for repairs (again). -.-; I know if I wanted to make it a quality gun, I'd probably have to gut the damn thing, since it's a JG, and that's out of the question... for now.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2010, 11:54 PM   #2
Uller

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 20

To make that bipod work you will need A G3SG1 hand guard.Here is a link to the scope mount base I had on mine:

Evike.com - External Parts | Evike.com - Scope Mount Base | Evike.com - MP5/G3 Mounts | Evike.com - ICS / Matrix Real Steel MP5 / Mod5 / G3 Full Metal Low Profile Scope Claw Mount Base |

Heres a link from the same site for a cheek pad:

Evike.com - External Parts | Evike.com - Stocks | Evike.com - G3 / MC51 Stocks | Evike.com - Matrix Sniper Cheek Pad w/ Built in MOLLE System & Modular Magazine Pouch. (Black) |

Old 12-12-2010, 12:16 AM   #3
Patinator

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Oh, phooey. I don't suppose I could buy a bipod handguard separate, hmm? :/ Is there any way I can put a bipod on it, then?

...Hmm. The reviews say that it won't fit a JG G3, only ICS. :S Was your G3 an ICS, or are those reviews wrong...?

That's a nice cheek pad, though.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:56 AM   #4
Uller

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 20

As far as I know ICS doesnt make a G3,only TM and CA does.You can get a JG ris for it and find a suitable bipod that will fit it easy enough.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:41 AM   #5
theonlyBuster

Liked 282 Times on 251 Posts
Likes Given: 324

You can buy the handguard and bipod seperately, but I wouldn't get the JG version. It's a bit creaky. Do as Uller says and get the G3 RIS front hand guard and then get a bipod that will connect to the RIS.

Skip the formalities, it's Buster. The one, the only Buster

The man makes the gun, the gun doesn't make the man.
STOP SAYING I GOT X AMOUNT OF KILL WITH THIS GUN! It's a useless phrase. It comes down to skill

Newb = New player who hasn't had a chance to gain correct knowledge
Noob = Old player who's had a chance, but has yet to gain correct knowledge

Quote:
People tend to base risk analysis more on stories than on data.

Old 12-12-2010, 02:18 PM   #6
Patinator

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uller View Post
As far as I know ICS doesnt make a G3,only TM and CA does.You can get a JG ris for it and find a suitable bipod that will fit it easy enough.
...Hmm. That's odd. Well, okay. So that ICS rail you linked me to will fit my JG G3, even though the reviews say the opposite? Well... okay. :s I'm not doubting you or nothin', but those reviews... ^^'

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlyBuster View Post
You can buy the handguard and bipod seperately, but I wouldn't get the JG version. It's a bit creaky. Do as Uller says and get the G3 RIS front hand guard and then get a bipod that will connect to the RIS.
I see... well, as much as I'd rather not change the G3's handguard to one covered in rails, if that's my better option, I suppose that's what I'll do. ...But, any idea where I could find a bipod-handguard? "Creakiness" wouldn't bother me too much. :P

Old 12-12-2010, 02:49 PM   #7
M715ForLife

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Slapping a scope on a stock clone =/= making a DMR.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:30 PM   #8
Patinator

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I mentioned I don't want to optimize it for skirmishability in the first post. I don't have the confidence to go digging around in the gun to replace... well, since it's a JG, everything.

Sorry for the confusion. :/

Last edited by Patinator; 12-12-2010 at 03:43 PM.

Old 12-12-2010, 05:06 PM   #9
theonlyBuster

Liked 282 Times on 251 Posts
Likes Given: 324

I'm only finding one hand guard and it's the tactical hand guard: ~$39 Eaiming CNC Tri-Rail Metal Hand guard for G3 Series AEG Airsoft Tiger111HK Area
I'll keep searching though.

Another option would be to install rails to the hand guard you already have. If there's pre-drilled holes it'll be an easy 1, 2 step process. If not you'll have to drill holes into the hand guard, which just adds 2 more steps. 1. Measuring and 2. Drilling

I also ran into this idea: http://img.blogcu.com/uploads/Defense_wrdCqfwI.jpg
http://www.ebairsoft.com/images/big/GP425%201.jpg

Random addition: I have an old JG G3 handguard. I removed bipod and gave it to a friend though :-/ If you're interested send me a PM and we'll work something out.

Skip the formalities, it's Buster. The one, the only Buster

The man makes the gun, the gun doesn't make the man.
STOP SAYING I GOT X AMOUNT OF KILL WITH THIS GUN! It's a useless phrase. It comes down to skill

Newb = New player who hasn't had a chance to gain correct knowledge
Noob = Old player who's had a chance, but has yet to gain correct knowledge

Quote:
People tend to base risk analysis more on stories than on data.

Last edited by theonlyBuster; 12-12-2010 at 05:08 PM.

Old 12-12-2010, 05:19 PM   #10
Patinator

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlyBuster View Post
I'm only finding one hand guard and it's the tactical hand guard: ~$39 Eaiming CNC Tri-Rail Metal Hand guard for G3 Series AEG Airsoft Tiger111HK Area
I'll keep searching though.
Well, that's nice, I have to admit... although, err, I can't buy from China sites. :s I found an RIS handguard on Evike, though.

Quote:
Another option would be to install rails to the hand guard you already have. If there's pre-drilled holes it'll be an easy 1, 2 step process. If not you'll have to drill holes into the hand guard, which just adds 2 more steps. 1. Measuring and 2. Drilling

I also ran into this idea: http://img.blogcu.com/uploads/Defense_wrdCqfwI.jpg
http://www.ebairsoft.com/images/big/GP425%201.jpg
...Hm...

Quote:
Random addition: I have an old JG G3 handguard. I removed bipod and gave it to a friend though :-/ If you're interested send me a PM and we'll work something out.
...Hmm... sometime in the future, maybe. I do appreciate the offer.

Quick Reply