Player of the Month Winner - Griffin - Picture of the Month Winner - Southpaw19

Airsoft Forum & MILSIM Forums > Airsoft Events & Meetups > South East USA > Florida Airsoft Forum > New Field in North Central Florida

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 09:11 PM   #1
v4victory

Default New Field in North Central Florida

Just out of the blue I came across a field that is interested in doing mainly WW2 and Vietnam era airsoft events. Now I know fields come and go but what surprised me was that the site already has massive infrastructure to host events. The field itself is unique though a bit on the small side. However with that said it has bathrooms....real bathrooms and more then just two. Tons of covered staging areas, food and more. oh and no paintballers there its a virgin site though it has been developed for other uses that actually fit airsoft such as concrete retaining walls, rubble, hills(yes Virginia there are hills in Florida)

I stumbled across it out of the blue and the manager/owner asked me to see if there is any interest. I would love to see more WW2/Vietnam era events in Florida. Defiantly might make me play airsoft more. I do want to note he is not adverse to modern era airsoft its just that the owner has a hankering for WW2 and Vietnam

oh and the field is located in the north central florida area. North of Orlando but south of Ocala.

Like I said I am just letting people know to keep an eye open for this site opening to airsoft sometime in 2013.

The owner asked me to keep this on the down low for now but if anyone wants any more info you can PM me or email me at pmjanousek@aol.com

You can see pics of the site here
http://s1357.beta.photobucket.com/user/pmjanousek/library/?

Thanks
Paul

Thanks
Paul

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 06:27 AM   #2
Dead Eye

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 34

nothing in that link! and just how far south of Ocala is it?
also would the owner be open to maybe letting a team do tactical training and practice?
looking for a place close to us to just work on some more of the basics and so on.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:25 PM   #3
v4victory

http://s1357.beta.photobucket.com/user/pmjanousek/library/Welcome%20to%20the%20New%20Field

try that. I moved stuff around in my photobucket library.

Its about 20 miles south of Ocala. There will be an upcoming day when I set up some small skirmishes to introduce people to the field. One point and this is a big one. The owner will not allow any airsoft with out additional airsoft insurance which is in the process of being acquired. Now once insurance has been squared away the plan is to open most weekends and possibly a few days during the week.

You and I def need to sit down and talk. Feel free to hit me up at pmjanousek@aol.com or 352-362-3109

Thanks
Paul

Old 01-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #4
Strikethemdown

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Is it the link in the 1st post with all the buildings? or the link in the 3rd one with the more sandy/woodland? I'd love to go to that one with the buildings if its here in central fl.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:33 PM   #5
theonlyBuster

Liked 332 Times on 292 Posts
Likes Given: 371

Judging by the few pics I looked at, that's and field MGP used for an event a few years ago. The name will hit me soon.

EDIT:
BLANDING! It's Camp Blanding. There hasn't been ANY airsoft events there for quite some time. From what I've heard, it's an urban military training facility and they used to open it for airsoft and paintball events every blue moon. Long story short, paintballers had a game and TRASHED the place with paint and trash, and since then they've banned both airsoft and paintball from the location. I could be wrong, but that's basically what I heard.

They don't and have never done pick-up games, just MilSim operation type events.

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/news2/2346
http://www.myspace.com/mgpairsoft/photos/albums/the-battlefront/1991440

Skip the formalities, it's Buster. The one, the only Buster

The man makes the gun, the gun doesn't make the man.
STOP SAYING I GOT X AMOUNT OF KILL WITH THIS GUN! It's a useless phrase. It comes down to skill

Newb = New player who hasn't had a chance to gain correct knowledge
Noob = Old player who's had a chance, but has yet to gain correct knowledge

Quote:
People tend to base risk analysis more on stories than on data.

Last edited by theonlyBuster; 01-06-2013 at 10:38 PM.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:43 AM   #6
v4victory

Its not Camp Blanding but good guess and yes it was Paintball that helped kill Blanding(though not the only reason)

Old 01-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #7
v4victory

Opps I think I see where the confusion is on my photobucket site. I posted the new field pics then decided I would also post past games that I wrote and ran.

Just to let people know, before they go thats an MGP game, I was one of the 3 people that started MGP at my house after Operation Green Rescue. Mac, Monk and Myself came up with MGP when Demoairsoft wanted to make games more cinematic and both Mac and I had experience in writing and theatre.

We were lucky to run 4 events at blanding. Ops HammerFall and HammerStrike were our Russia Vs US. Operation Blackjack was well we don't like to talk about that one and Op Diamond Dogs which took us to war torn Africa.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:27 PM   #8
theonlyBuster

Liked 332 Times on 292 Posts
Likes Given: 371

Quote:
Originally Posted by v4victory View Post
Opps I think I see where the confusion is on my photobucket site. I posted the new field pics then decided I would also post past games that I wrote and ran.
Ah, yeah, I was looking at the first few pics in the first link. The 2 fields are vastly different.

Skip the formalities, it's Buster. The one, the only Buster

The man makes the gun, the gun doesn't make the man.
STOP SAYING I GOT X AMOUNT OF KILL WITH THIS GUN! It's a useless phrase. It comes down to skill

Newb = New player who hasn't had a chance to gain correct knowledge
Noob = Old player who's had a chance, but has yet to gain correct knowledge

Quote:
People tend to base risk analysis more on stories than on data.

Old 01-11-2013, 03:12 AM   #9
jondahoot

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

this field how big is it like a few acres?

Old 01-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #10
v4victory

Roughly about 22+ acres. Owner is open to expanding that prob another 10 acres. Currently working on insurance and safety additions to the field.

Quick Reply