Player of the Month Winner - Expendable - Picture of the Month Winner - Knief

Airsoft Forum & MILSIM Forums > General Airsoft > Beginners Forum > General set of rules for airsoft battles!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2009, 07:54 PM   #1
SN1P3R

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Default General set of rules for airsoft battles!

These are rules that teams go by and before you start going you might want to read these to see if teams fit your play style.

RULES

.1) Always wear eye protection in the form of goggles, masks, or shooting glasses, or safety glasses. Never remove your eye protection while on the battlefield. Regular prescription glasses are NOT acceptable as safety eyewear. Must meet ANSI Z87.1 standards and wrap around the face.

2)The “Game Moderator” is the final approval for all field decisions, the calling of games, resolutions on all conflicts and issues, and responsible for all safety related items and events that occur on the field. If a conflict or discrepancy arises that can not be solved between groups, the game is stopped and the game moderator makes the final decision regarding the conflict or discrepancy. Arguing with the game moderator will result in an immediate ejection from that day’s game event.

3)The “Safe Zone” is the area on the playing field where no weapons will be fired at any time. Failure or non compliance of this will result in an immediate ejection from that day’s game event.

4)Sealed ballistic eye protection will be worn at all times for both players and visitors to the area. Only in the “Safe Zone” when no game play is present can this eyewear be removed at any time.

5)A 20 Foot safety kill range will be observed for all weapons. This will be obtained by pulling out a sidearm or pointing your current weapon at a target and shouting “Safety Kill”

6)The definition of being “Hit” is when the airsoft BB Hits any part of the players clothing, body, or weapon. Once a player is “Hit”, He or she will raise their weapon over their head and shout hit. After the fact is established, and the opposing player knows the situation the player will walk out of the battle area and return to the safe zone with their weapon over their head. All eliminated players will keep their eye protection on until back in the “Safe Zone”.

7)All integrity violations and non calling of “hits” will be dealt with swiftly and severely. Failure to or non compliance with calling hits will result in an immediate ejection from that day’s game event.

8)The term “Blind man” will be used for any real world injury. Once “Blind man” is heard all players will holster all weapons, put them on safe and remain in place unless directed by the game moderator.

9)When using the “Medic” Rule a player that sustains a hit will fall or sit in place and yell “hit”. Then the player will put a red rag on his head. In order for the player to be given first aid and resume fighting, another player must go to the person wounded, take the red rag off his head and tie one square knot onto the rag. Other wounded players can NOT medic other wounded players. Also players can only be given first aid one time. After that the player is considered KIA and will return back to the safe area.

10)All borders and boundaries set down by the game moderator will be followed. Violations of this will result in the player becoming KIA and being sent back to the safe zone.

11)All airsoft weapons will be checked by “game moderators”

12)When transporting airsoft weapons to and from the playing field, all weapons will be cased in either a gun case, or the original factory box.

13) CQB/INDOOR PLAY
All players who participate in CQB should understand that they will be engaging targets anywhere from 25 feet to even 5 feet away and because of that they may take painful hits. We recommend full masks, long sleeves, long pants, gloves, and hats/helmets be worn for CQB to avoid welts or breaking the skin. "Safety Kill" rules are not used for CQB, however players may surrender if they wish at any time to the opposing force to leave gameplay without any harm.

14) SNIPER SAFETY
Anyone acting as a sniper with an upgraded bolt action rifle over 400 fps (1.5j) should carry a sidearm that can be used alternately when engaging targets closer than about 60 feet. If you have no sidearm and find yourself too close to the opposing force, you may either a) call a safety kill, b) wait until they move to a safe range or c) relocate to a safe range. Do not fire at targets closer than 60 feet.

15) BLIND FIRING
permitted as long as the players are no closer than 30 feet from each other. This must be verified by the shooter before firing. All violations of blind firing distances will result in immediate expultion from the field.

16) IF LOCAL POLICE ENTER THE FIELD
This is a potentially dangerous situation, and is treated as if they don't know we are playing a game. All players are expected to walk to the “Safe Zone” in plain sight, either with their guns over their head or leaving their guns in the field. Upon reaching the “Safe Zone” each player is to place his replica with his gear and gather in a group at least 20 feet from the gear. This is to provide safety by comforting the officers by removing any equipment that appears threatening to them. Gameplay is not commenced until we explain the situation and are allowed to continue.

17) All weapons will go off of set guidelines for pellet weight and feet per second. The rules for this are the following.

OUTDOOR LIMITS:

AEG - 1.49J
bb mass____FPS
0.12g_______517
0.20g_______400
0.23g_______373
0.25g_______358
0.29g_______332
0.30g_______327
0.34g_______307
0.36g_______298
0.43g_______273

BOLT-ACTION - 2.81J
bb mass____FPS
0.12g_______710
0.20g_______550
0.23g_______513
0.25g_______492
0.29g_______457
0.30g_______449
0.34g_______422
0.36g_______410
0.43g_______375

INDOOR LIMITS:

ALL GUNS - 1.01J
bb mass____FPS
0.12g_______426
0.20g_______330
0.23g_______307
0.25g_______295
0.29g_______274
0.30g_______269
0.34g_______253
0.36g_______246
0.43g_______225

(this set of rules came from KCAC airsoft team in Kansas)

-- just a funny vid

Last edited by SN1P3R; 02-01-2009 at 09:03 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2009, 08:24 PM   #2
SN1P3R

Mods can you sticky so that every one can get to these rules easily?

Old 02-02-2009, 07:52 AM   #3
r1p_c0rd

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

An interesting read but due to the fact that this is an international forum and rules differ from place to place ( there are rules on you post that confilct with rules in some of the places I play) I would personaly prefer not to sticky this as it may cause confusion or conlflict if a player was to assume that these rules were universal. That said, if one of the other moderators chose to sticky it, I would have no issue with that.

I certainly mean no offence to you SN1P3R...

Check out my F.E.A.R Camo project: Prototype Camouflage, F.E.A.R Camo also has a dedicated page on Facebook for easier navigation, take a look and become a fan: Facebook F.E.A.R. Camo

if you have more than a passing interest in the art of camouflage, stealth and being down right sneaky... (not just for snipers) click the link: Stealthstryke

Old 02-02-2009, 08:51 PM   #4
SN1P3R

Agreed I never thougt of it that way. No offence taken r1p c0rd just trying to help others out =)

Old 02-03-2009, 02:42 AM   #5
r1p_c0rd

it certainly serves a a good guideline, especially for less experienced players so thanks for taking the time to post it...

Check out my F.E.A.R Camo project: Prototype Camouflage, F.E.A.R Camo also has a dedicated page on Facebook for easier navigation, take a look and become a fan: Facebook F.E.A.R. Camo

if you have more than a passing interest in the art of camouflage, stealth and being down right sneaky... (not just for snipers) click the link: Stealthstryke

Old 02-03-2009, 04:14 AM   #6
sPopp

These do indeed help, just like they helped me, but cord, as long with other players should post different rules and regulations that they have encountered and played by just so people can add some type of variation to there game style or game play. It offers basically different variations to tradition type thing. I understand that it may conflict with people's normal play, but they don't have to use what people posted. I just think it would give people a wider variation of what they can do, etc.

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.That way I wouldn't have to have any goddam stupid useless conversations with anybody. If anybody wanted to tell me something they'd have to write it on a piece of paper and shove it over to me. They'd get bored as hell doing that after a while, and then I'd be through with having conversations for the rest of my life".-J.D. Salinger's The Catcher in the Rye

Old 02-03-2009, 07:05 AM   #7
r1p_c0rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sPopp View Post
These do indeed help, just like they helped me, but cord, as long with other players should post different rules and regulations that they have encountered and played by just so people can add some type of variation to there game style or game play. It offers basically different variations to tradition type thing. I understand that it may conflict with people's normal play, but they don't have to use what people posted. I just think it would give people a wider variation of what they can do, etc.
granted, but SNIPER posted the rules of a particular airsoft field. the conflicts i mentioned were regarding the differences in the rules of other Fields around the world and the rules of an airsoft field are typically fixed and non-negotiable and a player visiting an airsoft field in hong kong where i play couldn't turn around to a marshal and complain the he had been fired upon inside the 20ft safety kill range as that rule does not apply here (an example of one of the several differences in the rules posted by SN1P3R and the rules we play by in hong kong) but as you said, it's always interesting to adapt the rules and style of gameplay for casual games with friends so by all means, feel free to add any variations you may use, i have taken lots of ideas suggested on AS and used them in casual games with my friends. one of the most notable was the zombie scenario very cool game...

Old 02-03-2009, 04:01 PM   #8
sPopp

Post us some rules and variations that you play over in Hong Kong ^.^ Some of my friends are getting some guns to mess around with in the next week or so and I wouldnt mind trying out some of your rules along with some of the general ones that SN1P3R posted. Please and thank you!!! This goes for anyone else that has come across different rules and variations to the game!!!

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.That way I wouldn't have to have any goddam stupid useless conversations with anybody. If anybody wanted to tell me something they'd have to write it on a piece of paper and shove it over to me. They'd get bored as hell doing that after a while, and then I'd be through with having conversations for the rest of my life".-J.D. Salinger's The Catcher in the Rye

Old 10-09-2009, 03:29 PM   #9
big007crazy

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Rules-extreme heat

I do agree with all the rules you have posted. But since we are in Texas and it can reach up to 110 degrees. We have added a few to conteract the heat factor. After each game we take a ten minute break and game leader makes all participants drink water for hydration, we do not allow any stimulant drinks on site due to heat. We also have two people trained in first aid (usually by job requirements) on site. First aid supplies are always on hand and if injury is incurred (one needing treatment) we suspend game and treat wounded. We also sometimes play what my boys call "Halo-style". In this case if objective is not obtained in thirty min. game is paused for hydration. Just thought I would let you know how we manage in extreme heat in case this is usefull in other parts of the country. Also drinking Gator Aid or related drinks is good but must be one Gator Aid and then two water due to sodium content. I have found this sight usefull, although I have barely touched the surface, and thank you for that.

Old 10-09-2009, 04:53 PM   #10
Robin-Hood

Liked 144 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 327

Nice little guideline there. Maybe you could add UK limit is 1J / 328FPS with .2g BBs. This stands in pretty much every site exept most give some leeway upto around 375 due to the general high power of ACM guns which are ever more popular.

Quick Reply