Time to enter the Airsplat Big Giveaway!

Player of the Month Winner - Mikejosephman - Picture of the Month Winner - PaganSK

Airsoft Forum & MILSIM Forums > General Airsoft > General Airsoft Discussion > is it legal?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2008, 04:00 AM   #1
ktmflyboy

Default is it legal?

Hi i've been playing airsoft for about 2 or 3 years (but just in the backyard with firends) and i was wondering is it legal to play in your backyard if you live in the suburbs?

Last edited by ktmflyboy; 06-11-2008 at 05:10 PM. Reason: spelling, length

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2008, 07:33 PM   #2
Locotus

you might want to explain to your neighbors what your doing first so they don't think you're running around with assault rifles

Old 06-11-2008, 10:57 PM   #3
ktmflyboy

Most of my neighbors know what they are, but, could you get a fine or a warning if seen by the police?

Old 06-12-2008, 02:14 AM   #4
The War Store

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmflyboy View Post
Most of my neighbors know what they are, but, could you get a fine or a warning if seen by the police?
possession of a replica firearm is a crime in many cities. discharging an airgun within city limits is a crime in most cities. if you point an airsoft gun at another person who at all feels threatened by your action, that is called menacing, and is a felony offense. possessing a replica firearm in public view is also a felony offense, and you can be charged with brandishing a firearm.

REMEMBER! if you commit any crime with an airsoft gun, you will be charged as if you had used a REAL firearm!

NEVER play airsoft in a public place. No person may openly display or expose any imitation firearm (replica firearm), in a public place. The term "public place" means an area open to the public or exposed to public view and includes streets, sidewalks, bridges, alleys, plazas, parks, driveways, parking lots, automobiles, whether moving or not, and buildings open to the general public, including those that serve food or drink, or provide entertainment, and the doorways and entrances to buildings or dwellings and the grounds enclosing them.

And, last but not least, if you are seen by the police, getting a fine or warning is the least of your worries. you may very well be SHOT by the police!

Don't be a douchebag! NEVER play airsoft EXCEPT on designated airsoft or paintball fields, or on private land (for which you have WRITTEN permission) in the country far away from the observation of casual passers-by.

And, NEVER remove the orange tip.

Last edited by The War Store; 07-18-2008 at 10:25 PM.

Old 06-12-2008, 04:09 AM   #5
ktmflyboy

ok thank you for telling me

Old 07-03-2008, 04:31 AM   #6
jasonakafoo

I think it is but i play in the back yard all the time with my friends and nothing bad has ever happened. If i get the cops called to my house though, I'll

1. get inside.
2. lock all the doors, close the curtains, turn off the lights.
3. I hide all my airsoft guns (especially the really real looking ones)'
4. hide under my bed with some snacks for a lil bit. and something to drink.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:19 PM   #7
General Lee

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

That is a very bad idea. if the cops get called, go inside and put your airsoft guns near the door in view, but out of reach of where you are standing. Open the door and be polite and explain the situation to the officer. Offer to show him/her the guns, but DO NOT point them anywhere near him/her! It is better if they are on a coffe table and he/she walks up to them and picks them up himself/herself. Apologize for causing a disturbance and say you will try to play on private property from now on, and offer to notify the department ahead of time if you will be playing.

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."-Gunny

"What is your major malfunction?"-Gunny

"God was here before the Marines, so you can give your heart to Jesus. But your *** belongs to the Corps!" -Gunny

"They've got us surrounded again! Poor bastards..."
-Creighton Abrahms

"The 9mm is a .45 set on 'Stun'"-Unknown
Captain of Section Eight

Old 07-15-2008, 07:44 PM   #8
seanpatty

Reminds me of Home Alone! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonakafoo View Post
I think it is but i play in the back yard all the time with my friends and nothing bad has ever happened. If i get the cops called to my house though, I'll

1. get inside.
2. lock all the doors, close the curtains, turn off the lights.
3. I hide all my airsoft guns (especially the really real looking ones)'
4. hide under my bed with some snacks for a lil bit. and something to drink.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:14 AM   #9
soulessniper25

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
That is a very bad idea. if the cops get called, go inside and put your airsoft guns near the door in view, but out of reach of where you are standing. Open the door and be polite and explain the situation to the officer. Offer to show him/her the guns, but DO NOT point them anywhere near him/her! It is better if they are on a coffe table and he/she walks up to them and picks them up himself/herself. Apologize for causing a disturbance and say you will try to play on private property from now on, and offer to notify the department ahead of time if you will be playing.
Yea but if ur playing on your own property isnt that private property?

Old 07-21-2008, 09:40 PM   #10
Cornerpedler

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

Listen to the General on this one; Wise words indeed!

Forum Troll Slayer & E-Thug Bouncer

Check out www.airloft-services.net for all your Canadian Airsoft needs!

Quick Reply