where can i get a tru-hop bucking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2017, 05:24 AM   #11
Sutro

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Spitfire- View Post
K, got the nub sanded down to the right width and length this evening. Chrono is acting up, but I'm getting about 378 fps. So I actually lost about 10 fps. I'm 99% sure that the leak is between bucking and hopup, as the bucking is very snug on the barrel. Might have some damage on the mound (not sure how), but it appears to be shooting straight (it's dark, so I'm using a flashlight like a tracer unit). I'll Teflon tape the bucking tomorrow and see ho the range and accuracy is with the concave nub.

I did an accuracy test this afternoon using the Truhop, tbb and stock nub. Comparing it to my previous setup (G&G green and nub, stock hopup and barrel), I'm getting 10 fps less, same range (maybe slightly more), and initially less accuracy, though that improved after 20 shots. I expect the upgrade nub will bring the accuracy in more (well, I'm praying for that anyway.)
I figured there would be fps drop , it looks very thin. I for now, will stick to 50 60 degree delta maple leafs

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2017, 06:19 AM   #12
-Spitfire-

Liked 48 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutro View Post
I figured there would be fps drop , it looks very thin. I for now, will stick to 50 60 degree delta maple leafs
The fps drop is actually uncharacteristic for the Truhop. Most people gain ~10fps. That and the tbb... Needless to say, definitely gonna break out the Teflon tomorrow.

Old 01-16-2017, 10:30 PM   #13
-Spitfire-

Well, it was dusk by the time I got home, but I could at least see the target. I thought I was dry firing at first. Then I got flipped on the flashlight, and realized I'd just blown 150 rounds :P

Anyway. Using the Truhop, with the included nub (sanded down to fit in an MP5 hopup), SHS brass 229mm 6.03 tbb, and Teflon tape mod, I got 391 fps (+/- 3fps). I couldn't see the BBs, due to it being dusk, but there was an audible thud whenever I shot at something (there's a row of trees about 200 feet away, with a brick house behind). So the included nub is definitely way better than a stock nub. But that was a given.

As a side note,I may be able to hit the neighbor's house now. Which is good, because it means I gained 30-50 get of range, but it also means I can't shoot in that direction anymore. Hopefully I'll get to test it in the daylight tomorrow, and actually see just how much range I'm getting. I used black ops .20g bio BBs for this, and I still need to glue the nub to the arm and shim the arm.

Last edited by -Spitfire-; 01-17-2017 at 02:42 AM.

Old 01-17-2017, 06:36 PM   #14
-Spitfire-

Ok, finally got to shoot it during daylight hours, lol. Just to give you an idea, this my target:

where can i get a tru-hop bucking - General Airsoft Discussion
where can i get a tru-hop bucking - General Airsoft Discussion

The tree in the middle of the second pic. I'm not sure the exact distance, I'm just gonna assume it's about 200. My BBs are reaching out to the white bench actually. Truhop is VERY consistent. I need to glue the nub and shim the arm though... I'm getting a slight right hook at range. But I'm getting the range I had previously achieved with a long barrel at 430fps. I'm currently at 391 fps. So, provided I can get everything tightened down and eliminate the right hook, I'd say this does as advertised. Though the nub definitely isn't drop in.
Edit: measured the distance. It's about 220 feet to the tree, and about 260 feet to the white bench. So I gained about 40 feet.

Last edited by -Spitfire-; 01-26-2017 at 11:03 PM.

Quick Reply