Player of the Month Winner - Qui-Gon - Picture of the Month Winner - Lil_Shady

Airsoft Forum & MILSIM Forums > Airsoft Gun Discussion > Electric Guns > JG AK-47 fire selector problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 12:42 AM   #1
JBoyTheGreat

Default JG AK-47 fire selector problem

Hello fellow airsofters. I need help. When I purchased my JG AK-47 2 years ago, the fire selector become loose. I did not know at that time that the screw cover comes off. I tightened the screw but the selector is WAY off. It is always semi-automatic and there is no safety or full auto. I tried messing with the selector internal and it seems the selector is out of line. If you know a way to fix this, please share.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 12:45 AM   #2
thatoneguy

Liked 99 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Happens to almost all AK types at some point. Try just tightening it more from the outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThompsonFTW View Post
0x0? Lets be honest... I turned sigs off because of shady's and Fyzix...

Old 05-08-2012, 12:46 AM   #3
JBoyTheGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatoneguy
Happens to almost all AK types at some point. Try just tightening it more from the outside.
I have done this, it's just when I didn't know about the screw cap coming off, I like tried to pry it to work.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:46 AM   #4
TheFallenHero

Liked 26 Times on 24 Posts

Point the selector switch at safe. Unscrew it and hold the selector switch at safe. When its unscrewed turn it to face full auto then screw it back on. Then while its screwed on turn it back to safety and see if it fires.

Im guessing that might fix it. It might not though. Someone else will probably have a better idea. Im just taking a guess. Im a bolt action sniper guy so i dont have that problem lol.

"The point of war is not to die for your country. It is to make the other bastard die for his." -General George S. Patton.

'Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-General George S. Patton.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:49 AM   #5
JBoyTheGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFallenHero
Point the selector switch at safe. Unscrew it and hold the selector switch at safe. When its unscrewed turn it to face full auto then screw it back on. Then while its screwed on turn it back to safety and see if it fires.

Im guessing that might fix it. It might not though. Someone else will probably have a better idea. Im just taking a guess. Im a bolt action sniper guy so i dont have that problem lol.
Ok thanks, I will try that right now.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:55 AM   #6
JBoyTheGreat

Quote:

Nope, didn't work. But thanks for at least trying to help. It is so out of whack.

Old 05-08-2012, 01:33 AM   #7
TheFallenHero

lol. Might just be easier to buy a new trigger assembly for like 30-50$. They shouldnt be too expensive. Although since your buying a new one already might as well upgrade. That might not fix your problem though. Might have to ask someone else.

"The point of war is not to die for your country. It is to make the other bastard die for his." -General George S. Patton.

'Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-General George S. Patton.

Old 05-08-2012, 01:36 AM   #8
JBoyTheGreat

Quote:
lol. Might just be easier to buy a new trigger assembly for like 30-50$. They shouldnt be too expensive. Although since your buying a new one already might as well upgrade. That might not fix your problem though. Might have to ask someone else.
Yeah. I ordered a DBoys M4A1 S-System which has the same fire rate as my ak as well as features. I would just like it to be working so if someone on my team would need a good gun, they could borrow it. But I could just buy a new assembly as you stated. Anyways, thanks for the help

Old 05-08-2012, 01:55 AM   #9
TheFallenHero

If i was you i would just buy a few boneyard ones. As people who need rentals generally are more prone to hitting them on trees.

Old 07-05-2014, 12:27 PM   #10
crucifix5897

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFallenHero View Post

Thank you so much dude. For some reason my CYBERGUN AK74u had ''locked up selector switch'' problems. My fire selector could not reach safe, then when I loosened up the screw it would not reach safe, but your advice helped and my gun works again! Now I know in the future not to buy Cybergun stuff, too much faulty stuff...

Quick Reply