Airsoft Forum & MILSIM Forums > Airsoft Gun Discussion > Electric Guns >

M4 under 100 for cqb and outdoors combat (350fps)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2017, 11:25 PM   #1
mitsosvazelos84

Default M4 under 100 for cqb and outdoors combat (350fps)

Hey guys ,

I'm looking for an m4 under 100 euros (europe stores only sadly) and under 350fps so that I can play both indoors and outdoors.
I have some money for upgrades but most of the rest of my money will go towards gear.
I plan on painting the gun and upgrading the hopup unit , bucking and possibly throwing a tight bore in it in the future.
Also is 350fps drastically limiting compared to 370-400fps guns in terms of range? I'm asking because I want this to work in medium and (very optimistically) in longer ranges.

Based on my preferences what would be a good m4 ?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2017, 12:07 AM   #2
AnotherM4Normie

Liked 24 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsosvazelos84 View Post
Hey guys ,

I'm looking for an m4 under 100 euros (europe stores only sadly) and under 350fps so that I can play both indoors and outdoors.
I have some money for upgrades but most of the rest of my money will go towards gear.
I plan on painting the gun and upgrading the hopup unit , bucking and possibly throwing a tight bore in it in the future.
Also is 350fps drastically limiting compared to 370-400fps guns in terms of range? I'm asking because I want this to work in medium and (very optimistically) in longer ranges.

Based on my preferences what would be a good m4 ?
Skip the upgrades and the gear for now. All you will want to get started is BBs, Eyepro, Facepro and your gun (gloves wouldn't hurt either).

Put as much money as possible towards your gun as long as it doesn't compromise your safety gear. Save up. At this price range every $10 or even $5 makes a massive difference.

Old 07-17-2017, 12:15 AM   #3
mitsosvazelos84

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherM4Normie View Post
Skip the upgrades and the gear for now. All you will want to get started is BBs, Eyepro, Facepro and your gun (gloves wouldn't hurt either).

Put as much money as possible towards your gun as long as it doesn't compromise your safety gear. Save up. At this price range every $10 or even $5 makes a massive difference.
Thank you for your input but the thing is that I can't spend more than 250 euros overall , I just want to get into the hobby as cheaply as possible , and I thought that 50% on the gun and accessories and 50% on gear is a good balance .

Old 07-17-2017, 12:57 AM   #4
AnotherM4Normie

Quote:
Thank you for your input but the thing is that I can't spend more than 250 euros overall , I just want to get into the hobby as cheaply as possible , and I thought that 50% on the gun and accessories and 50% on gear is a good balance .
Is the 250 EUR a short-term number or are you wanting to spend 250EUR and no more ever?

For $30 USD you can get high-quality eye and lower face protection from Amazon, you can use any old pair of gloves you have lying around and you can use the rest of your money to get a decent gun and later on you can look at getting gear.

Old 07-17-2017, 01:01 AM   #5
mitsosvazelos84

Quote:
Is the 250 EUR a short-term number or are you wanting to spend 250EUR and no more ever?

For $30 USD you can get high-quality eye and lower face protection from Amazon, you can use any old pair of gloves you have lying around and you can use the rest of your money to get a decent gun and later on you can look at getting gear.
250 and no more ever except bbs and hopup bucking and maybe barel.I already have gogles bbs and gloves and will order the rest with the gun .

I got my eyes set on the cyma cm.517 as it costs 80 euros and I've heard good things about that cyma m4 series , same with the cm.515 (tried that one out, friend of mine has it)but that one is a longer gun so I don't think it will be suitable for cqb.

Old 07-17-2017, 02:53 AM   #6
AnotherM4Normie

Quote:
250 and no more ever except bbs and hopup bucking and maybe barel.I already have gogles bbs and gloves and will order the rest with the gun .

I got my eyes set on the cyma cm.517 as it costs 80 euros and I've heard good things about that cyma m4 series , same with the cm.515 (tried that one out, friend of mine has it)but that one is a longer gun so I don't think it will be suitable for cqb.
The CYMA m4 series is not good, but if thats all you want to spend then so be it. If you want a better performing gun for the same price get a CYMA AK instead. They are much better.

Old 07-17-2017, 03:19 AM   #7
Shiftyshooter
Learn from your mistakes.

Liked 845 Times on 650 Posts
Likes Given: 1158

Your best bet is your local classifieds then.

Try looking into Dboys and Cyma M4s. Those guns are often sold in bundles with magazines and sometimes gear. I'd advise you not to cheap out on the eye pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHOP View Post
Dude, Shifty reenacts the Russian VDV. He knows what he's talking about. The only time I've seen him be wrong about an Eastern Bloc weapon was when he spelled Yevgeny Dragunov incorrectly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njnewland
So, how much you willing to pay for my mom?
Quote:
Originally Posted by _clevername_ View Post
I just Multicame.

Old 07-17-2017, 03:32 AM   #8
Mixem

Quote:

+1

Quote:
There is a HUGE, HUGE mindset difference between "Limiting yourself to sub-100 euro guns" and "I cannot exceed 250 euros for everything". Focus more on the 2nd idea and think about maximizing value for your money. I am with AnotherM4Normie, get the best gun that you can while ensuring that you meet the minimum non-gun/gear/clothing/safety requirements for your field (and for yourself). There are significant performance, reliability, and durability differences between a 100 EUR gun and a 200 EUR gun. That 200 EUR gun won't need immediate upgrades to be competitive and it will contain more metal parts (higher durability). Ultimately, it's the gun + your skill that gets people out.

Also.......buy quality bbs

Old 07-17-2017, 05:35 AM   #9
Hangtight

Liked 60 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Don't cheap out on the gun. You don't need gear to enjoy Airsoft, but if the performance of the gun is disappointing then you'll have a pretty miserable time.
If you choose to upgrade then don't waste your money on a barrel. It actually makes little to no difference to average at this level. For now the only accuracy and range upgrades you need are cleaning the barrel properly and using quality heavier BBs. At least 0.25g and preferably 0.28g if the hop will lift them effectively. Remember that some CQB sites have a limit on BB weight.
Don't forget that you will need batteries, charger and magazines. Other than that, decent eye pro, an inexpensive face mask, any gloves that do the job, a pair of cheap surplus combat trousers with big pockets for magazines and a bottle of water until you find a cheap vest and boots with good ankle protection.
If I was starting out again, with the benefit of experience I'd be looking at some of the €200 guns from Specna Arms.

https://gun-fire.co.uk/product-eng-1152200041-Specna-Arms-SA-A04-carbine-replica.html

This is a solid gun with good performance, and worth upgrades in the future, but it doesn't really need any. Perhaps at a later date spend some time getting it perfectly set up. It's well engineered and nicely put together. It also comes with a quick change replacement spring that should put you under 350fps.
A properly set up 350fps gun using 0.28g ammo should have an effective range of about 65m. Certainly better than a 400fps gun firing 0.2g But seeing as the spring is so easy to swap you can simply change to suit site limits.

Old 07-17-2017, 12:24 PM   #10
mitsosvazelos84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangtight View Post
Don't cheap out on the gun. You don't need gear to enjoy Airsoft, but if the performance of the gun is disappointing then you'll have a pretty miserable time.
If you choose to upgrade then don't waste your money on a barrel. It actually makes little to no difference to average at this level. For now the only accuracy and range upgrades you need are cleaning the barrel properly and using quality heavier BBs. At least 0.25g and preferably 0.28g if the hop will lift them effectively. Remember that some CQB sites have a limit on BB weight.
Don't forget that you will need batteries, charger and magazines. Other than that, decent eye pro, an inexpensive face mask, any gloves that do the job, a pair of cheap surplus combat trousers with big pockets for magazines and a bottle of water until you find a cheap vest and boots with good ankle protection.
If I was starting out again, with the benefit of experience I'd be looking at some of the 200 guns from Specna Arms.

https://gun-fire.co.uk/product-eng-1152200041-Specna-Arms-SA-A04-carbine-replica.html

This is a solid gun with good performance, and worth upgrades in the future, but it doesn't really need any. Perhaps at a later date spend some time getting it perfectly set up. It's well engineered and nicely put together. It also comes with a quick change replacement spring that should put you under 350fps.
A properly set up 350fps gun using 0.28g ammo should have an effective range of about 65m. Certainly better than a 400fps gun firing 0.2g But seeing as the spring is so easy to swap you can simply change to suit site limits.
Thank you for your input, I guess you are right about the gear , I will remove the vest and some other things so I can bump up the price of the gun to around 150 euros , but that's the maximum I'm afraid . Anything along those lines ?

Quick Reply