Player of the Month Winner - Qui-Gon - Picture of the Month Winner - Lil_Shady

Airsoft Forum & MILSIM Forums > Airsoft Gun Discussion > Electric Guns > SC Village fps limits

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 06:44 AM   #1
dooodstevenn

Default SC Village fps limits

yea i know its 400 fps limit, i want to build a dmr set,where i would put in a 450 fps spring, tight bore and bore up so that it would shoot about 500 fps without having all the power behind the spring to strip anything, with that said, i would be using .3 or higher bb's as a dmr. so theoretically it should shoot about 380? i was wondering if they would let me chrono with my own bb's or if i will be given a .2 from the staff that is chronoing. last time i went (first 1 for airsoft) they didnt ask to see my bbs or anything and just assumed i was shooting .2's but that was a dead day where we only had 5 on 5 games, with bigger games i thik they would check, anyone know of this?...

if you have gone to a big day or a day where outlawz are there or something. do they make you chrono with a .2? or can u just chrono with w/e bb u have in your mag?

Secondary:
    KWA M9 PTP

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2010, 07:03 PM   #2
Krazyboy87

I would assume that they would check your bbs, but they may make you chrono your gun with their own bbs. It also depends on how strict the people are too.

EDIT:
At the field I go to, you just go over and shoot your gun a few times at the chrono. If kinda narrows down the whole honor system to tell them if you are using something heavier than a .2g.

Looking for the best M4 or really any AEG for under $200? Look not further than the G&G Combat Machine M4 (Blowback or Non-Blowback).

Last edited by Krazyboy87; 04-07-2010 at 07:11 PM.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:14 PM   #3
hairyman

Liked 30 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I would be very surprised if they don't make you chrono the replica with .20's(as any sight should),,,it simply makes no sense allowing you to pick and choose bb weight at the station.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:38 PM   #4
elliesium

Trying to use a 500fps gun on a 400 fps field sounds dishonorable to me.

If someone is going to lie about that, why would they call hits?

Old 04-08-2010, 11:41 PM   #5
Zarknorg

Sorry, I know this is a Noob question, but why do they care if you're using more than .20 gram bb's?

We're the people our parents warned us about.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:45 AM   #6
Jacobeggegg

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

you can use them in the games just not to crono because it lowers the fps but it still does as much damage

Yes those are teddy bears on the wall you can deal with it.

If 4 out of 5 people suffer from diarreah, does that mean 1 out of 5 enjoy it?

Old 05-30-2010, 03:51 AM   #7
Cuban0

Default OutlawZ @ SCVillage

Well guys you can actually chrono with your own ammo they dont check your ammo.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:54 AM   #8
Fubar65

It's still dishonorable, the fps limits are their for a reason and that reason is safety. A .3 bb shooting at 380 is going to have more force than a .2 at 500. Look at it this way, an 18-wheeler is driving 70 mph and slams into a brick wall and a ferrari slams into the same wall at 140 mph. Which do you think will do more damage? The one with more weight and force, the 18-wheeler. Play safe and honorable, if 400 is the limit, then it is the limit. And remember, 400 fps is a limit not a goal.

Quick Reply