Player of the Month Winner - Qui-Gon - Picture of the Month Winner - Lil_Shady

Airsoft Forum & MILSIM Forums > Airsoft Gun Discussion > Gas Powered Guns > G&G xtreme .45 co2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
bortzie15

Default G&G xtreme .45 co2

So I have a G&G xtreme 45 co2 pistol and have some problems. The first is that when I put the clip in the gun you can hear a moderate leaking sound. And then while shooting I can only shoot three times then the hammer stays down. Then when I pull the slide back again, it doesn't even shoot? Do any of you's have tips or ideas what's wrong? P.S I had to send my first one back it was doing the same thing and got another one and it was doing the same thing.
Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #2
ncore

Liked 47 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 5

This is a common issue with the G&G Xtreme 45. People claim to have leaky mags, which actually isn't the case.

I have the exact same gun, and in order to get the gun to fire flawlessly, you have to slam the mag into the gun really hard. Don't worry, everything is metal, so nothing should break, but you have to be sure to insert the mag as fast as possible to make a quick tight seal.

I know for a fact that this is the problem. Whenever I let friends or family fire it, they don't put the mag in hard enough, even when I tell them to. I can hear when it is not put in the right way because I can hear the gas leak, which can easily be fixed by removing the magazine, and re-inserting it much harder. Doing this should also fix the problem of the slide not cocking back automatically.

The xtreme 45 is a great powerful little gun, but that is one of the issues it has. You will get used to inserting the mag like I described above.

Old 08-12-2012, 12:17 AM   #3
bortzie15

Thanks I'll try that, and also how hard should I slam it in like anyways that work the best?

Old 08-12-2012, 12:56 AM   #4
ncore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bortzie15 View Post
Thanks I'll try that, and also how hard should I slam it in like anyways that work the best?
I wouldn't put all your effort into putting the magazine in. Insert the mag about an inch to an inch and a half into the handle, then use a lot of force to slide it up. It works best if you use the pal of your hand.

You can't really describe how much effort to put into it, but it should be pretty easy to figure out whats working and whats not.

Also, make sure you are putting the co2 cartridge in correctly. The way the manual tells you to do it is actually false. Unscrew the mag tightener until it stops, then put the neck of the cartridge into the opening first. The firmly grasp the magazine, and use your thumbs to push the cartridge in. Then, quickly screw the cartridge lock in place. This has to be done as fast as possible. It is not putting the cartridge into the magazine that breaks the cartridge head, it is the tightening it into place. So just tighten it until it becomes rather difficult, but you don't have to go too far.

The G&G Xtreme 45 is a very powerful handgun. If you instal the co2 cartridge and insert the magazine correctly, the first 3-5 shots should be fired into the ground before playing. The fps in those first shots are dangerously high, and it would be too unsafe to fire at anybody.

Old 08-12-2012, 03:27 AM   #5
bortzie15

I just tried it and it still does it? May it be the co2 I'm using? I'm using the crosman powerlet bouteilles cartridge 12g?

Old 08-12-2012, 01:14 PM   #6
ncore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bortzie15 View Post
I just tried it and it still does it? May it be the co2 I'm using? I'm using the crosman powerlet bouteilles cartridge 12g?
If thats the stuff you get at walmart, I use the same stuff. Have you lubed the gun recently? That could be the cause of the problem. Use only 100% silicone oil. Anything else will most likely do more harm than good. Lube the mag around the o-rings, the inside ones and the outside ones. Then get down into the gun. Her is a good dissassembly guide:

1st Battalion 107th Field Artillery of New Castle Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHOP View Post
Yes. Because you and your Walmart real tree camo is tactical gear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thestig View Post
Anybody wanna come and play around with me and an air cannon filled with BBs? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knief View Post
I want you to turn me on and use me all night.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:30 PM   #7
johnny_boy

I am having the same problem, I have tried ramming the mag in with good force, I dont ever hear any leakage at all but it still doesn't reset 25% of the time. It just seems to have really inconsistent power output. The gun is brand new too. Im not sure if I should just send it back now. Shame. Anyone got any other ideas about this problem?

Quick Reply