Airsoft Forum & MILSIM Forums > Airsoft Gun Discussion > Gas Powered Guns >

Looking for a good 1911 gas blowback pistol.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2017, 11:39 AM   #1
WalrusAirsoft

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Looking for a good 1911 gas blowback pistol.

I haven't found any 1911 gas blowback pistols for around $100. If y'all could help me that'd be appreciated. I was thinking of just settling with the WE Hi Capa 5.1 Dragon for $80.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 08:52 PM   #2
hailedcoma

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The elite force 1911 tac is pretty good. I like it very consistent shots. Co2 so don't have to mess with gas cans(I'm a little bit a lazy and don't like messing with them). The one complaint is not many upgrades options but, but it already shoots pretty good out of the box.

FuLL-eFFekT1 Likes This 
Old 05-19-2017, 10:13 PM   #3
Lil_Shady
Administrator

Liked 1341 Times on 1040 Posts
Likes Given: 822

I would stay away from Elite Force and WE.

Elite force pistols are KWC knockoffs. They shoot well at first but crap out within 6 months to a year usually, and the only available parts are the same things that just crapped out. There are basically no upgrades or reinforced parts on the market for them.

WE is super hit and miss. You might get something that performs well, you might get an $80 paperweight. Now, they are TM compatible, with a little adjustment of parts, so they do have that going since there are hundreds of parts available for TM.

My personal suggestion would be to get a KJW. It's 100% TM compatible and shoots like a dream out of the box. It's also equipped to handle both CO2 and Propane, so it's a year round gun, CO2 in winter when it's too cold for Propane and Propane in the summer when it's too hot for CO2. The gun is basically a barbie doll, there are a million ways you can upgrade and customize it to your liking.
Professional Pistol Tech, hire me for any of your GBB needs: http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f163/shadys-gbb-tech-104286/

My teching thread: http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f10/shadys-gbb-teching-thread-90071/

Old 05-26-2017, 03:22 AM   #4
adamairsoft

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I would save a bit more money and get a TM 1911. One of my friends has a kjw 1911 and it just doesn't compare to a TM pistol.

Old 05-26-2017, 04:09 PM   #5
Lil_Shady
Administrator

Liked 1341 Times on 1040 Posts
Likes Given: 822

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamairsoft View Post
I would save a bit more money and get a TM 1911. One of my friends has a kjw 1911 and it just doesn't compare to a TM pistol.
Obviously a TM is the optimal choice, but if he wants to keep his price around $100 then a KJW is perfect. KJWs hold up to TMs reasonably well considering the price difference, and can be upgraded just as easily as a TM can. It's the perfect beginner GBB in most cases.
Professional Pistol Tech, hire me for any of your GBB needs: http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f163/shadys-gbb-tech-104286/

My teching thread: http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f10/shadys-gbb-teching-thread-90071/

Old 06-13-2017, 03:58 AM   #6
FuLL-eFFekT1

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 18

KWC 1911 A1 Tac owner here (same as EF 1911). I've had mine for over year, I don't use it all the time but it hasn't broken yet and I've been through boxes and boxes of 40ct 12g CO2 cartridges.
I do have the Elite Force rebuild kits on stand-by, and according to what I've read and seen on my own 1911 and in the rebuild kits the parts have improved. I do have a Falcon TBB + bucking and Future Energy ported aluminum piston head installed (Thx eHobbyAsia)

KWC all day for that CO2 goodness!!

Last edited by FuLL-eFFekT1; 06-13-2017 at 04:01 AM.

Old 06-15-2017, 10:28 PM   #7
Shadow1Delta

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I've been running a KJW KP08 1911 for a couple of years now with pretty consistent use. It shot great out of the box, but with the Madbull TBB and a better bucking, it runs beautifully. I highly recommend it...

Old 06-17-2017, 06:13 AM   #8
arLinger

Liked 128 Times on 115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Shady View Post
I would stay away from Elite Force and WE.

Elite force pistols are KWC knockoffs. They shoot well at first but crap out within 6 months to a year usually, and the only available parts are the same things that just crapped out. There are basically no upgrades or reinforced parts on the market for them.

WE is super hit and miss. You might get something that performs well, you might get an $80 paperweight. Now, they are TM compatible, with a little adjustment of parts, so they do have that going since there are hundreds of parts available for TM.

My personal suggestion would be to get a KJW. It's 100% TM compatible and shoots like a dream out of the box. It's also equipped to handle both CO2 and Propane, so it's a year round gun, CO2 in winter when it's too cold for Propane and Propane in the summer when it's too hot for CO2. The gun is basically a barbie doll, there are a million ways you can upgrade and customize it to your liking.
Kjw is a TM knockoff? I always thought they were their own proprietary system! Any idea if their glocks are 1:1 or off spec just like TM?

Old 06-19-2017, 05:32 AM   #9
Frenchie

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 4

KJW and TM glocks are same size as far as I remember, internals too.

Quick Reply