Airsoft Forum & MILSIM Forums

Airsoft Forum & MILSIM Forums (http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/)
-   Sniper Rifles (http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f9/)
-   -   dmr build (http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f9/dmr-build-80115/)

snipes_mcgee91 07-17-2013 08:33 PM

dmr build

OK so every sniper I have had is spring (exception of a kjw m700 gas rifle) and I'm looking more towards something less...how do I put this...movement inducing. I want the convineince of pulling the trigger without having to pull a bolt. I'm looking for something with a good distance and accuracy as well as something shooting in the range of 375-400 fps with. .30's to. .35's

snipes_mcgee91 07-17-2013 08:52 PM

Also I was considering buying a m14 off of evike.com. pretty nifty looking platform. Seems like tthe internals are good. But being that all I have ever owned were springers/the one gas rifle, I'm kinda at a loss for what I should buy internally to upgrade the gearbox/hop-up/inner barrel. So any comments on that are welcome

Jakester88 07-17-2013 08:55 PM

A DMR is all about tuning and upgrading. Great for a squad that needs an anti-sniper as they can fire off shots much faster than a sniper with nearly the same accuracy and range. To be able to be successful with a DMR, you have to know your way around the gearbox and hop up very well, and know exactly how each part functions. A daunting task for a first build, but it's certainly possible.

The M14 would be fine, they are very common when used as DMR's. What are your performance goals?

snipes_mcgee91 07-17-2013 09:00 PM

I'm looking for something with very good range. Around 200+ ft. And something like 400 fps with. 30's or. 35's. Nothing really spiffy as far as ROF. I'm OK with semi auto. But very consistant accuracy is the key. So I'm thinking I can upgrade the barrel to a tightbore (6.03) but as far as batteries and internals I'm kinda at a loss.

Jakester88 07-17-2013 09:03 PM

A DMR is far more than popping in a TBB and calling it a day. 200 feet isn't much, most upgraded AEG's can shoot that accurately. Most people try to get near 300 feet with perfect compression, great trigger response, and reliable.
What's your budget?

snipes_mcgee91 07-17-2013 09:07 PM

Well my budget is gonna be around 500. I hope. Depending on my bonus check. I know its not all about just slapping on a tbb. I'm saying that's all I know what could improve it. I'm at a loss as far as what type of motor, gears, piston, spring, battery. All the stuff dealing with the gearbox to get Max distance and fps out of my gun

badger_1 07-17-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snipes_mcgee91
Well my budget is gonna be around 500. I hope. Depending on my bonus check. I know its not all about just slapping on a tbb. I'm saying that's all I know what could improve it. I'm at a loss as far as what type of motor, gears, piston, spring, battery. All the stuff dealing with the gearbox to get Max distance and fps out of my gun

So search around the forums for your answers :) we're here to critique and help you fix your mistakes, that's how people learn. But if we tell you how to build your rifle, then you won't have learned much at all, it sounds like a lot of work because it is. that's also why it's fun, just search around a bit, heck, we have a contest going on right now strictly for dmr's there's a whole thread with information related solely to dmr's.

Jakester88 07-17-2013 09:13 PM

Most DMR build consist of
High torque motor (JG Blue)
Rewire (Mosfet, 16AWG silicon coated wire, XT-60's)
LiPo (11.1)
Gears (SHS 13:1)
Piston (SHS Blue)
Spring guide/Piston head (Core aluminum, ball bearing)
Cylinder head (Core aluminum)
Heavy spring (M130+)
Sorbo pad (70D)
Bucking (Lonex 70D, R-hop)
Nub (M-nub)
Hop unit (G&P Metal hop up unit)
TBB (Bravo 6.03*495MM)

Mods
Perfect compression
Semi auto only (Trigger and wiring)
Shimming
AoE
Shim trolley
Grease
#14 O-ring
Flat hop/R-hop
LRB
TDC (not used in mine)

(Parenthesis are used to explain what I will be installing in my Aug build)

Quote:

Originally Posted by badger_1 (Post 981615)
So search around the forums for your answers :) we're here to critique and help you fix your mistakes, that's how people learn. But if we tell you how to build your rifle, then you won't have learned much at all, it sounds like a lot of work because it is. that's also why it's fun, just search around a bit, heck, we have a contest going on right now strictly for dmr's there's a whole thread with information related solely to dmr's.

^This

snipes_mcgee91 07-17-2013 09:18 PM

Now see that's what I mean. I'm not gonna be buying the same things as this Guy. But it will point me in the right direction as to what to look for when I'm building my "masterpiece"

DMR_Snipez 07-18-2013 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakester88 (Post 981583)
A DMR is all about tuning and upgrading. Great for a squad that needs an anti-sniper as they can fire off shots much faster than a sniper with nearly the same accuracy and range. To be able to be successful with a DMR, you have to know your way around the gearbox and hop up very well, and know exactly how each part functions. A daunting task for a first build, but it's certainly possible.

The M14 would be fine, they are very common when used as DMR's. What are your performance goals?

I have a G&P M16 with a Magpul DMR stock and Bipod, yes I put a few things into the gear box. But its all about barrel length and accuracy.