Player of the Month Winner - Sokol - Picture of the Month Winner - Shur-tugal

Airsoft Forum & MILSIM Forums > Airsoft Accessories > Clothing / Gear > What do you think of this vest?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 12:30 AM   #1
MikeyBugs95

Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Default Need help deciding between these vests.

I've been looking for a new vest and I've decided on the Flyye MOLLE Style PC Plate Carrier from Shootercbgear.com. My mom is still hesitant about getting it because of the total price including shipping: over $160. I HAVE tried to convince her but I in case she says no I've continued looking and found:
The TMC CIRAS Force Recon vest. TMC CIR Force Recon Vest Ver Land w/ 100 oz HAWG ( RG ).
The TMC PI style Lightweight Plate Carrier , RG 6 pouches TMC PI style Lightweight Plate Carrier , RG 6 pouches.
The TMC PI style Lightweight Plate Carrier A (w/ 7 pouches) TMC PI style Lightweight Plate Carrier A (w/ 7 pouches)

I'm just wondering if anybody has had the TMC CIRAS Force Recon vest and what they think. And the size; on some other CIRAS vest being sold on the site it says that it fits 5'5"-5'7". So I'm wondering if this would fit the same sizes. If it DOES fit 5'5", Thats great because I'm 5'4". And I'd also like to know about the rest of the vests too. Especially if the fit and if they're good gear for the price.

And please dont tell me about the colors, or company because I know already. I want the Flyye MOLLE Style PC, but its bit too expensive for my, or my moms/dads blood, so we all have to make sacrifices. Resist the urge to suggest Flyye/Pantac or any colors! Resist it!

Out playing hockey or flying........

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine121496
.................................................. ...............I'll be sure to contact you guyz if I ever need my m4 remodeled.
Goodbye Chris Kyle. You will not be forgotten.

NOTHING is bulletproof... only bullet-resistant...

Last edited by MikeyBugs95; 01-05-2013 at 01:08 AM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 01:20 AM   #2
Knief

Liked 1595 Times on 1195 Posts
Likes Given: 355

A CIRAS will never fit you. Chinese repro CIRASs are big on me and I'm 6' 180lbs. Sorry man, not a chance.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:22 AM   #3
MikeyBugs95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knief View Post
A CIRAS will never fit you. Chinese repro CIRASs are big on me and I'm 6' 180lbs. Sorry man, not a chance.
Ok. Because I've found others listed on the site, and in the description it said it would fit 5'5 up... Well.. Thats disheartening...

I saw a post by someone on a different forum by somebody who's 5'4 and wore a Milspex CIRAS Land, size medium, comfortablely... Now I dont know if just by sheer luck or something but it does have me interested... I'm not rejecting your advice Knief. I'm just doing my research. I also contacted TMC to find out from them.

Quote:
.................................................. ...............I'll be sure to contact you guyz if I ever need my m4 remodeled.

Last edited by MikeyBugs95; 01-05-2013 at 01:42 AM.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:59 AM   #4
Knief

My first CIRAS was a Milspex. I couldn't tighten it enough to really wear. My guess is, the vest hangs off the kid and he doesn't realize how it should fit.

Grin Likes This 
Old 01-05-2013, 02:03 AM   #5
MikeyBugs95

Quote:
My first CIRAS was a Milspex. I couldn't tighten it enough to really wear. My guess is, the vest hangs off the kid and he doesn't realize how it should fit.
Ahh.. Ok. So CIRAS vests basicially come in one size? And I'm guessing you suggest getting the other two right?

Quote:

Last edited by MikeyBugs95; 01-05-2013 at 02:06 AM.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:07 AM   #6
Knief

No, they come in different sizes, it just that all of the sizes are big. It's just a big vest. They shouldn't be S/M/L, they should be marked L/XL/BigAsHell.

I'm not a fan of the Pig carrier, but others like it. I'd look into a 6094 or RRV. But really, I wouldn't buy TMC. It's not great. It's just slightly better than Condor. You should keep working on your parents for FLYYE.

Airsoft Society forum rules

Old 01-05-2013, 02:13 AM   #7
MikeyBugs95

Quote:
No, they come in different sizes, it just that all of the sizes are big. It's just a big vest. They shouldn't be S/M/L, they should be marked L/XL/BigAsHell.

I'm not a fan of the Pig carrier, but others like it. I'd look into a 6094 or RRV. But really, I wouldn't buy TMC. It's not great. It's just slightly better than Condor. You should keep working on your parents for FLYYE.
Lol. Thats what sucks about being a small person. For me it doesnt just start at L... it starts as Too Big and goes up from there... Now why not the PI Carrier? And one of those links is a 6094. I myself am hesitant to the 6094 style because it a small looking carrier... Its kind of a contradiction but I like bigger style carriers, like the CIRAS and others like that. Thats also partly why I want the Flyye MOLLE PC... it looks big. I like that. Lol.

Quote:

Old 01-05-2013, 02:17 AM   #8
Knief

I see three links, one to a CIRAS, two to PIG carriers. I don't like the whole velcro top, it's an aesthetic thing for me. The PIG carrier is going to be about the size of a 6094, not a big carrier. That said, with how small you are, any carrier is going to be big on you.

Airsoft Society forum rules

Old 01-05-2013, 02:23 AM   #9
MikeyBugs95

Quote:
I see three links, one to a CIRAS, two to PIG carriers. I don't like the whole velcro top, it's an aesthetic thing for me. The PIG carrier is going to be about the size of a 6094, not a big carrier. That said, with how small you are, any carrier is going to be big on you.
Oh... I could've sworn I posted a 6094. Oh well. Just misread. It was in a jumble of others labeled 6094. And if I do get a PIG (whats the "G" for?), I could stick to things plastered with the hook side of velcro . Lol. Ok back to seriousness. And actually the MBSS I have right now fits me... And I'm not to small. I'm pretty stocky... I'm just short.

Quote:

Old 01-05-2013, 02:24 AM   #10
Grin

Liked 578 Times on 485 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBugs95 View Post
Oh... I could've sworn I posted a 6094. Oh well. Just misread. It was in a jumble of others labeled 6094. And if I do get a PIG (whats the "G" for?), I could stick to things plastered with the hook side of velcro . Lol. Ok back to seriousness. And actually the MBSS I have right now fits me... And I'm not to small. I'm pretty stocky... I'm just short.
Patrol Incident Gear

Quote:
Everything Grin said is exactly what I would have said. The man is good.
Knief approves of me. Knief is awesome. Therefore that makes ME awesome. Pseudoscience is the best science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer627 View Post
Success! I can carry my tactical tennis ball on my NSW kit now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2014 View Post
It's getting really serious when Grin stops saying "mate".

Rules and regs are there for a reason, gents!

Quick Reply