1000 lumen flashlight

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by bal1, Dec 12, 2012.

1. bal1

bal1 New Member

I'm looking for a thousand lumen flashlight under forty,I searched but I wasn't sure if I could put the flashlight in a scope mount or does anybody make flashlights that come with rail mounts?

2. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    1000 lumen flashlight, eh? Out to blind people are you? 200 lumens is more than enough.

3. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    yeah you don't need 100 lumen flashlight.

4. bal1

bal1 New Member

I may not need it, it'd be more of a tracer unit type thing, or when I play outdoor not out to blind people by any means. Anyway can I please get some help?

5. Southpawlegend

Southpawlegend New Member

Salisbury
    1000 units is way to bright. Hell you'll be the easiest target to find.

6. bal1

bal1 New Member

Dually noted, regardless can I just get some help.
    Even at my local cqb a guy runs around with an 800 lumen flashlight.
    So it's not like I'm the only one.

7. rblevinski

rblevinski New Member Supporting Member

Philadelphia

Attached Files:

8. bal1

bal1 New Member

That's, just overkill.

Edit: could that possibly fit in a scope mount?

9. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    DUDE. THINK FOR ONE MOMENT. 1000 Lumens is enough to blind you for a few minutes if not hours. DO NOT BUY ONE. You want to get sued? That's what I thought.

10. rblevinski

rblevinski New Member Supporting Member

Philadelphia
    The link is to a 1000 lumen. I was kidding about 4000.

11. bal1

bal1 New Member

I realize that. Funny it was.

12. bal1

bal1 New Member

that's not the purpose of the flashlight, I've gone through eye surgery twice I understand the seriousness of blinding people. So I'll just go ahead and try something a little less bright 500 maybe 600 lumens?

13. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Why not get a 200 lumen with strobe? It's more blinding and disorienting.

14. bal1

bal1 New Member

That's not what I'd use the flashlight for, since winter is coming around most people in my area start playing at night, so I'd just use the flashlight for looking for people and finding my way around the area in which we play.
    I personally hate it when my green laser hurts peoples eyes so I wouldn't use the flashlight for disorientation if the enemy.

15. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    I don't think OP understands how bright 1000 lumens really is, a lot of times Chinese made flashlights will advertise untrue, overly high lumen ratings to lure in uneducated buyers.
    200 is plenty high, especially with a strobe effect.

16. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    For nighttime, you will want one that can focus. Lots of lumens does not mean it's good for outdoors. You need one that can spot focus.

17. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    Oh and another thing to consider is that if your eyes are adjusted to the dark and you put a spot of really bright light on something in front of you, that light is going to bounce right back at you and irritate your eyes and kill your nighttime vision

18. bal1

bal1 New Member

I wouldn't want to use the flashlight to blind someone, if use it for searching and finding my away around where me and my friends play. hence why I wouldn't use strobe.

19. bal1

bal1 New Member

Alright, since your all against a high power flashlight, some recommendations with some links would be great.

20. FLUGMERKUR

FLUGMERKUR Schatten Gruppe Staff Member

Eastcoast
    My brother has a 750 lumen strobing light. And it is more than enough. At night time games, the people with flashlights are the ones who get killed.