101st Airborne Loadout

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Airborne_Ranger_, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Airborne_Ranger_

Airborne_Ranger_ New Member

Hey I was wondering if there is anybody out there with a Ranger Loadout preferably the 101st Airborne, I am probably going to make a 101st Airborne Loadout and any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    Read the sticky threads, or do a search. The information is out there, you just need to find it.

3. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    What period? What is your research on the loadout? What is your budget?

If you must ask, you are not ready to do it.

4. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    What era?

WWII? Korea? Vietnam? Iraq? Afganistan?

5. Airborne_Ranger_

I am not getting everything at once I already haw a vest ordered and I am doing research I just thought someone might could help

Sorry I didnt mention that Afghanistan.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2012
  6. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    And do you have the right type of a vest? Because an impression is not just something put up together and calling it a ranger.

7. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    It'd be helpful for us to know everything you already have and everything you know you need to have so we don't sit here rehashing stuff you already know (or so we can correct the stuff you might have wrong). Also, as far as I'm aware, the 101st isn't a division of the Rangers.

8. M240BravoRomeo

M240BravoRomeo New Member

Anthem
    The 101st is indeed a ranger detachment and as of right now Army forces deploying in Afghanistan wear multi-cam so find a set of multi-cams, and a LBV, and if you are willing to take the risk of getting called out on it a screaming eagle patch

9. Airborne_Ranger_

1 set ACUs
    Tactical Assault System MOLLE vest TAN
    I have ordered a triple mag pouch for my M-4
    Tan operators hat
    Going to order some armored gloves
    And I am probably going to get some black or tan knee pads and some elbow pads. Yeah I dont have much but I have only been playing airsoft for about 5 months. I would appreciate advice. Thanks
    And yes I was wrong on the 101st being Rangers. My bad thanks for clarifying that :)

10. Airborne_Ranger_

Thanks you posted that while I was writing my post. I have a Screaming Eagle patch and I thought they were Rangers but was not sure at all really.

11. Hartman96

Hartman96 Active Member

Woodville
    101st is an air assault division not rangers

http://unitpages.military.com/unitpages/unit.do?id=100072&ck_unit=83525

12. M240BravoRomeo

Anthem
    I misremembered the screaming eagle is 101st, but the 101st is air-assault, but they are basically the same thing(just don't try to say that to their face they are very touchy about that)

13. Airborne_Ranger_

Yeah my friend is a Ranger but I have not bee able to talk to him in a while. Now the 101st are they Special Operations capable?

14. M240BravoRomeo

Anthem
    They were the unit that jumped behind German lines on D-Day so yes, yes they are

15. Hartman96

Hartman96 Active Member

Woodville
    What do you mean by this? They are not spec ops but airborne infantry. Are they capable? I guess? Are they special ops? No.

16. M240BravoRomeo

Anthem
    He asked if they are spec ops capable which due to the nature of their jobs they are.

17. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    Can you link to the vest you have? It doesn't sound like anything you have actually fits the bill. You have a lot of hours of research ahead of you on this project, and asking broad questions here isn't the way to get started.

It might be more constructive if everybody who doesn't know what terms like "special operations capable" mean just didn't try to answer those questions.

18. Airborne_Ranger_

I bought it off of Ebay and I can't find it on line anywhere. Yeah true so I will just do an ACU loadout. I didnt realize I needed a specific vest.