101st Airborne

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Qui-Gon, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Qui-Gon

Qui-Gon Active Member

Leiden
    Hey, I would like to have a 101st Airborne patch on my loadout but first I wanted to ask if anyone wouldn't want me doing it. I know some people may find it offensive, but I have to say I will not use it for airsoft just for the sake of having one.

2. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    Avoid using unit or qualification patches unless you have earned them. I personally find it ridiculous and I have seen people getting chewed out pretty badly by SOF personnel especially for wearing a Ranger Tab, SF Tab, or anything along those lines. Even if you may think you're honouring them, many don't see it that way. Generally, this is a topic that forums don't condone because it can start massive arguments but it's up to you. You can risk it.

Just as a note, last Saturday I even saw a former MARSOC operator chew out a guy for wearing his MCCUU incorrectly. Just be careful.

3. Qui-Gon

Qui-Gon Active Member

Leiden
    Thanks, but just as a side note I live in the Netherlands so there won't be any US soldiers around.

4. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Some people really dislike it and find it disrespectful, but you can do whatever you like about it. I personally would not, just to avoid possible conflict over the issue, not that I find it disrespectful.

5. Qui-Gon

Qui-Gon Active Member

Leiden
    Alright, thank you very much!

6. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    I find this interesting, because I see WWII impressions using these patches all the time. At one time I was thinking of doing an impression of the 5th Rangers from the Pointe du Hoc assault.

So, is there some kind of statue of limitations?

7. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    Generally people don't get as offended about past conflicts, as far as I've seen.