150 FPS max gun

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by glinny, Nov 9, 2012.

1. glinny

glinny New Member

I am living in Australia and my gun must have a 150 FPS limit. I would like the AEG to be robust lightweight and sutiable for both CQB and field. The price link is about $250. Also what's a good pistol

2. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    150 FPS? Im pretty sure crappy crossman springers hit harder than that...

3. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    usually, bb's get stuck in the hopup at that low fps. that sucks bro.
    are you sure it's not mps instead of fps?

4. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Well the OP is a bit off. According to Australian law, any replica firing over 180 feet per second with the measurement taken 1 meter from the end of the firing mechanism is considered a firearm.

And I hate to say this, but that basically means no airsoft in Australia :-/

It's like someone telling you that you can watch TV but you can't turn it on.

5. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

Get an ARES change the spring and R-Hop it.

6. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    change it to what? an M50 spring?

7. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

Just get the weakest spring you can find and cut some coils off. My friend did it once.

8. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    i recommend short stroking the sector gear with the stock spring until you get your desired fps.

9. Hprice892

Hprice892 New Member

There is an eletric M4A1 carbine gun with a 150 fps at hobbytron it says 200 fps but it's really 150 fps

10. OnlyTheNiggest

OnlyTheNiggest New Member

Buy a JG G36C and replace the sector gear with a dual sector gear and piston with a Lonex Red. Possibly the spring to an m100.

11. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

Yeah and watch your gun get destroyed by PE

12. OnlyTheNiggest

Eh. Keep in mind it's short stroked 8 each side of the dual sector gear. One can always short stroke more if need be. If he uses a 7.4 he shouldn't see any PE with the -8 stroke. The ROF might be 30 at the most. The JG blue, as you know, is a slow motor. I don't even hit PE at 40 rps on normal stroke builds on m120s and lower.

13. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

You really think he won't get PE on a DSG with a m100 spring?........ Well. Guess we all have our opinions.

Edit: you know DSG builds usually go m170 springs or higher when they don't use a spacer, right?

14. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    All this pointless mindless banter.
    Short stroking is probably the easiest, safest thing to do to achieve the desired velocity.
    The next problem is getting the gun itself to the OP.
    He's gonna have to buy it in pieces and install it upon receiving the parts.

15. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    low speed DSG builds... not the same as high speed DSG builds. the goal is 150fps. half the load of a 350fps standard DSG. stock JG blue will not push it over 25rps with JG spur/bevel + 7.4v.

not all DSG builds are over 50rps.
    my cqb DSG's are around 30rps/300fps/m150/7.4v for reliability/longevity/reduce bb purchasing. but once in awhile, i slap on an 11.1v.

16. OnlyTheNiggest

Yes, I really think think he won't get PE on a DSG and m100. And yes, I am well aware DSGs use high fps springs

1) It's a JG blue motor. Damn near the slowest you can find.
    2) It's a -8 stroke. Even if a m100 spring was used in a half cylce, it is still a -8 stroke which is huge.
    3) 7.4 battery. 7.4 + JG blue even with DSG, like alex said, is very slow, still.

17. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Or just grab a regular AEG. Short stroke the sector to any desired amount of teeth. Change out the spring to a M90 and under. And you'll be good to go.

Sadly you'll just have to down grade. Even the worst air seal won't help much.

The "little kids" rental guns here are only made to shoot 200 fps and under. Utilizing short stroked sector gears, cut and torch shortened TM stock springs, and type 4 cut cylinders. In a full length m4. And keep in mind the play/field area is only the size of a big classroom. Lol. So like.. A sports authority plastic LPEG's, but doesn't break lol.

It's achievable. I wouldn't suggest the DSG route at that fps. Idk If the bb's will even shoot in time.

Just short stroke the sector, maybe a spring change if need be. And you should be good to go.

18. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

Agreed...If you want high speed (w/o DSG) try 13:1s with a M130 and Lonex A1 Red. Which, unfortunately, can't be done in your predicament.

Maybe an LPEG would be the best route to take on this one. :p