$170 or under.

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by backyardsn1per, Sep 9, 2012.

1. backyardsn1per

backyardsn1per New Member

Fennimore
    I have $170 saved up and was wondering what gun to get.
    Role: Woodland son a side folder would work really well.
    Power source:AEG
    Perferred models: Ak with folder.
    Problably will not upgrade since i don't have any experience working on guns. I was originally looking at the cyma cmo.35 on airsplat but now I am looking at this-http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ERM-CYMA-CM031D.htm
    Thanks!
    Backyardsiper.

2. dickbuttalpha

dickbuttalpha New Member

I don't know much about any other company's AK models, but I will say that the CM031 is a popular AK and it's not without reason. They're supposed to be very reliable, upgradeable, and come with decent stock internals.

3. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Thank you! Finally someone who has done their research and given us the appropriate amount of details to help them.

Your choice is a good one, any CYMA over .028 will be one rock solid gun.

4. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Northern VA (no more info, someone might find me...)
    Cyma makes great guns, i started with one (an AK 47 too). Really just search the internet for a cyma with a folding stock (is that what you mean by "folder"?). Your choice is nice but for woodland why not get one with a wooden grip. I believe Dboys makes those with the wooden grip for that price.

5. backyardsn1per

Fennimore
    I have heard the externals are amazing, is that true?
    Mikeinator I meant folding stock. Sorry

6. TheAirsoftTech

Most of the more expensive models have stamped steel receivers, which equals good.

7. backyardsn1per

Fennimore
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  8. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

It should, but that seems extremely expensive (I have bought two mags for that price which were metal).

9. TheAirsoftTech

They're decently hefty but well balanced IMO. But you'll be wanting (by your first post) a side, or under folding stock. Which will bring its weight down a bit. I carry a 4.5 pound P90, so I don't like hefty guns. My G36c weighs more, most CYMA aks (that have the steel receiver) are heavier, but like I said pretty well balanced.

10. DSCAllDay

DSCAllDay New Member

Los Gatos
    They are above par, but definitely not amazing.

11. backyardsn1per

Fennimore
    I just don't want the plastic to feel cheap.

12. TheAirsoftTech

Eh, the plastic is pretty good. What's plastic is supposed to be, so it's pretty realistically built. Unless you buy the .028, you'll be pretty happy with the externals. Lol

13. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

I had the .028 and was happy with the internals, until I upgraded to a Classic Army AK. All in all cyma ak's are strong, accurate, feel good and are balanced, and live up very well for the price (easy to work on too!). You would be happy with this purchase just like I was four years ago.

14. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
  15. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

I have never seen a full stock that folds for an AK, you just learn something new everyday! Only thing is i believe he wanted it for woodland, so perhaps that gun with a wooden grip or a custom camo paint job.

16. ShooterMcgavin

New Port News
    Nope looks a bit weird with a wood grip and synthetic stock to me but he can always pant the furniture if needed. Also the synthetic furniture is pretty nice also so no worries there :D.

The only thing is is it still uses stick batteries like other folding stock AKs

17. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

That could probably be fixed by rewiring it to the stock and having the battery and wires connect on the pivot of the stock, or even in the stock if it opens like usual. Nothing a dremmel cant solve.

18. ShooterMcgavin

New Port News
    Yeah but 7.4 stick lipos fit nicely in the upper receiver so its really not too bad since it extends into the handguard. It takes a few times to get right but once you get the hang of it your good to go.

Little off topic but yeah op get what I linked you will not be dissatisfied.

19. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

I dunno if a CYMA or any other stock AK under $170 can survive a Lipo, i wouldn't even use one in my new "Lipo ready" G36 without new parts.

20. TheAirsoftTech

It should be able to handle it for a good while. Especially a 7.4v at around 10-15c.