1911 Commander

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by kengrant, Nov 25, 2021.

1. kengrant

kengrant Member

griffin
    What brand of Airsoft GBB pistol would be a nice and durable copy of the above ?
    Will be shot a lot doing point shoot training instead of the real steel pistol .
    Will be using Propane for gas and do not want a large grip Hi-Cap version that holds a lot of BB's .
    Standard grip size of an old 1911 is what I am looking for .
    Above all it must be durable and hold up to lots of shooting .
    Any suggestions on what to get or where to get it ?

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis

3. kengrant

kengrant Member

griffin
    No ! That is a full size . I am looking for a shorter barrel on a full size frame .
    4 1/4 inch barrel I think . It is called a Commander or Combat Commander.

4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
  5. kengrant

kengrant Member

griffin
    What do you think about it ? Will it stand up to lots of shooting ?

6. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Their alloys are not the best.

A lot is very subjective...

7. kengrant

kengrant Member

griffin
    I will not be getting one of these as shipping costs are over $160.00

8. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Try bundling instead of buying solo.

Do you really want one?

9. kengrant

kengrant Member

griffin
    Was just thinking about getting one as I have gave my Grandsons the several full size ones I had plus even gave them some real ones as well.
    I have been using Glock types but since I stillhave several real 1911's I thought about getting another Airsoft one .
    All the 1911's I have now are commander or compact size .

10. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    For compact, is that like V10 compact size?

11. kengrant

kengrant Member

griffin
    I don't know . All I do know is a commander size 1911 has a full size frame with a shorter slide and barrel . The barrel is 4.25 " long instead of 5" .
    Colt made a Commander with a light frame and a Combat Commander with a heavy frame .
    Norinco made one that they named 1911A1 Compact . Only 900 were imported before the ban was placed on them . I just happen to have one of these .

12. kengrant

kengrant Member

griffin
    Thanks for the info !!!!! Just not like a real one . A few things different .

13. SteelReserve212

SteelReserve212 New Member

St Paul
    There is going to be differences when trying to get the exact thing down. Makes AS crazy for people like me that want something, then try to find something close enough, but not enough. Esp when dealing like the commander series 1911. Definitely dealing with a norinco clone...