1911 Help Please!!

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by sacredstyle, Oct 20, 2015.

1. sacredstyle

sacredstyle New Member

Hi so I recently just bought an Elite Force 1911 tac (first gbb) and idk what's going on. First, when I cock the slide back (as it would when a mag is out), the slide release doesn't go where it should on the slide, and the slide stays there with the slide release is underneath it. This is all without the mag in

When the mag is in, it fires once and then locks back and doesn't feed what so ever
    Also to note:when cocked back with the mag inside, the slide release does go where the indent is for the slide release

Also to note: the slide is VERY wobbly(a good 1/2 inch wobble) along with the barrel (same wobble) and inside the spring(when the slide is taken off) starts to want to look like it will shoot out (ie curves a bit instead of staying straight)

Help me please this is my first pistol and idk what's wrong!

2. Carter66

Carter66 New Member

Boston
    Pictures ?????????????????

3. sacredstyle

sacredstyle New Member

I'll upload a video I took in 2 seconds

*edit* couldn't get a video up but here is what the slide looks like with and without the mag

Without:[​IMG]

With:[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Locks like this after one shot

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  4. sacredstyle

sacredstyle New Member

Anyone please?
    Bump 20 characters

5. MrObjectivo

MrObjectivo New Member

Hmmmm, have you ever taken it a apart and lubed it?

6. AirsoftRyan778

AirsoftRyan778 Active Member

Baltimore
    This is a very common problem and it is not difficult to fix, but difficult to get the part. I have one of these KWC 1911s and it has the same problem. The issue is the poor design, the hammer is locking onto the air nozzle/ bbu in the back, and you can try lubing and cleaning it, but if that doesn't work (like it didn't in mine you will have to order the air nozzle spring directly from KWC

7. sacredstyle

sacredstyle New Member

Do you know how much it would be?

And how hard it would be to fix? Bc I never took a gun apart before

And no I never took it apart to lube it yet, I just bought it yesterday but the guy did say it needed lube..

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  8. AirsoftRyan778

Baltimore
    Very easy to do, I could help if needed, the part + shipping may be up to $15, but this is just my estimate for the most it would be

9. sacredstyle

sacredstyle New Member

Got some silicone cloth to see if that'll help it at all, if not I'll stop by my local field and see if they have any oil

10. sacredstyle

sacredstyle New Member

Update: ever since cleaning and lubing(silicone cloth) it, I've been able to manage to get it to fire more (been able to go up to 7 shots most) and then locks halfway as shown here:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Which I would then need to cock it back myself. The amount of bbs fired is completely random(4 mags total used, can shoot between 1-7 BBs without it locking halfway) any thoughts?

11. AirsoftRyan778

Baltimore
    Replace the spring like stated earlier

12. sacredstyle

sacredstyle New Member

Okay sounds good, just wanted to give an update on what was going on to see if the a answer could of been different that's all.

13. AirsoftRyan778

Baltimore
    Well first, I would check and do the following test

Remove the bbu/air nozzle assembly from the slide, and pull the nozzle forward and see if it returns quickly, if not then you need the spring, if it returns very quickly then it may (probably isn't, but it might) be something else

14. sacredstyle

sacredstyle New Member

Yeah I'll be looking at it more tomorrow, but I noticed that the slide is catching on the right side where the trigger is and wondering if I sand that down if it'll do anything

15. jg-rider

jg-rider New Member

I'm not a airsoft game player

Hello sacredstyle
    As the title says I don't compete in airsoft combat matches. I'm a Steel Challenge, IDPA competitor. But I use an Elite Force Tac. for practice.
    I've had this pistol for about 3 years and since there aren't any upgrade parts I had to do my own and I haven't screwed up yet.
    I modded the front sight to a fiber optic, tightened barrel bushing to the slide, tightened the barrel to the bushing, tightened the inner barrel to the outer, etc.
    The problem you seem to be describing was happening to me. It's caused by the nozzle at times not coming back all the way, creating a gap when the slide goes back. This allows the hammer to be cocked but then getting hung up in the gap as the slide goes forward.
    Lubing for me was only a temp. fix. What I finally did was to radius the top of the hammer and ramp the part of the unit that the nozzle was supposed to butt against.
    I came across this thread as I was looking for some upgrade ideas. There's not much more I can offer since this discipline is what I do. And I don't even know the name of most of the parts. So I'll probably just hang back and learn.

Attached Files: