1st GBBR tips and tricks help

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by shadowbrk, Dec 28, 2012.

1. shadowbrk

shadowbrk New Member

Hi I just got my 1st GBBR is there and tips and ticks I should know for GBBR?
    Examples
    Maintenance?
    Gas?
    Cleaning?
    Shooting?

Thx

2. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear
    What brand and varient GBBR?

3. shadowbrk

shadowbrk New Member

4. Munishin

Goodyear
    If you haven't already you should lube up the internals, not too much. Clean out the barrel, use at least .25g bbs, green gas/propane will work fine, and just remember to clean/lube it back up after each game.

5. shadowbrk

shadowbrk New Member

Were do u buy lube? Can you use WD-40?

6. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    NO! Head to your local hardware store and get 100% silicon oil. Only 100% silicon oil though, stuff like WD-40 will not end pretty when it comes to airsoft.

7. iZazzil

iZazzil New Member

Grapevine
    NO. WD-40 WILL RUIN YOUR GUN. Use gun cleaning oil or something of the sort.

Edit: Sniped

8. Munishin

Goodyear
    No, whatever you do do not use WD-40. I've heard frog lube which is originally meant for Real Steel firearms works wonders. But it's about 10 bucks a bottle. If you don't want to use that, you want to pick up something that is 100% silicone based. You may want to check this thread out for info on recommended brands: http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Airsoft-Lubricants-Sili-t114544.html

or use the search engine here.

9. shadowbrk

shadowbrk New Member

Ok thx for that tip any other tips I should know for GBBR?

10. adas1223

adas1223 Active Member

stratford
    That is a pretty unique GBBR system you got there. I would just lube the rubber seal on the magazine. i wouldnt even try using green gas or mix oil with the propane. just one drop every game directly in the nozzle of the gun itself (try using a syringe if you have access to one).

again, 100% silicone oil or another non-petroleum lubricant. its the petroleum that eats the rubber.

straight propane is the best gas.

-do not go crazy with lubing. stuff can go wrong fast, so will your accuracy too. nothing worse than a slippery BB or hopup unit.

11. FSTK

FSTK Member

Lube too much and you get a swollen Hop-up bucking. As long as you have some silicone in the reservoir (assuming you're on propane): the gas system will take care of itself. But I don't know about GHK GBB kits, so GL with that.

12. shadowbrk

shadowbrk New Member

I am using propane gas with the drops

image-2383068970.jpg

Thanks for all post any more tips :D

13. shadowbrk

shadowbrk New Member

What kind of lube do you use for the gun and where do u buy it?

14. iZazzil

iZazzil New Member

Grapevine
    Any lube that is 100% silicone oil should work just fine. A gun store or hardware store should carry it.

15. Da-ninjabreadman

Da-ninjabreadman Member

Hutchinson
    also for a trick, when on full auto i like to use a c clamp style grip on the gun to control the recoil more. which is still doable with a normal M4 hand guard.

16. team16airsoft

team16airsoft New Member

for storage its like any GBB but i dont know if you knew this before or not so i'll say it anyways. Empty your mags by shooting the gas out (dont dry fire) and do NOT press the gas release because this will damage your mag. Also leave a small amount of gas in it when storing. Also lube up your mag if your using propane, you'll thank me when your not spending $30 replacing broken mags.

17. shadowbrk

shadowbrk New Member

What stores sell 100% silicon and what brands do you recommend using?

18. soviet

soviet New Member

Any... If there 100% silicone there fine.

19. shadowbrk

shadowbrk New Member

What stores sell it?

20. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

If I'm not mistaken, Walmart sells some.