2000 mah lipo

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by exilerc33, Dec 18, 2012.

1. exilerc33

exilerc33 New Member

Hey guys I'm new to airsoft and I just wanted to ask if it's ok for me to use an11.1 2000 mah Lipo in my kwa m4 ris with an amp high torque motor, 6.02 tight bore. I've been using an 11.1 lipo, 1.4 mah and it works great, I just want a little more rof.

2. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Well, first off, KWA's aren't Lipo ready: the fact that yours is still going is impressive. You'll probably want a MOSFET, to be safe.

3. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    You can make a couple MOSFETs for under $20, assuming you have a soldering iron and soldering skills. Also, get 16 and 22 gauge wire.

4. Commie

Commie New Member

Grand Rapids
    Can't believe nobody has said this....Mah is not power, it's longetivity, it means the. Battery will last longer, with that said, do the Discharge rates differ?

5. Seyo

Seyo New Member

Behind you
    If the gun came with Tamiyas, are you still using them? Have you adjusted AoE, shimmed it, and regreased it? It may fire, the question is, for how long?

As Commie said, V, or Volt, measures how fast the electrons in the cable are moving. The higher voltage, the faster RoF.

mAh or MilliAmpere/hour measures how long your battery will last per charge. The higher the number is, the longer it lasts.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  6. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Why cant you believe nobody said that? it has nothing to do with the topic....

As for discharge rates, It all depends on the brand and age of the battery. But if the batteries are exactly the same, it shouldnt differ too much, assuming that they have the exact same charge.

7. Seyo

Seyo New Member

Behind you
    It does. He said he wanted a battery with a higher mAh because he wanted a higher RoF but mAh doesn't have anything to do with RoF.

8. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Exactly, therefore mah doesn't matter. Thanks....

9. Commie

Commie New Member

Grand Rapids
    Yeah, and he seemed to think it did, that's why I said it...:rolleyes:

10. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The battery capacity will indeed affect the power output, but it depends on discharge rating. If the two batteries have the same discharge rating, the battery with higher capacity will have a higher output. If your current battery is already supplying the motor with enough current, then getting a larger battery won't really have any effect on the ROF, at least not a noticeable effect. I agree with the others that you should overhaul the GB and install a mosfet unit if you wanna run it with a high performance battery.

What's the specs on your current battery? There's a huge difference between a 15C 1400mAh battery and a 40C 1400mAh battery.

11. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Also, where are you getting it from? If you don't mind long waits, you can get a 11.1v 2200mah lipo for $15 shipped

12. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    You sir, seem confused.

The OP said he wanted a high ROF, so he wanted a battery with a higher mah.

Then whatshisface told him that mah doesn't equal ROF.

Then you told whatshisface that what he said was not on topic while in fact it was.

13. exilerc33

exilerc33 New Member

Thanks guys thank you for the replies, I actually brought my gun to my local irsoft store and got a mosfet for 26 bucks plus installation. The lipos I was using was 11.1 15-25c 1400mah. And I think I'll stay with that rating. That seems to work the best. Thanks guys...aqua

14. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Your current battery isn't exactly a powerhouse, but I doubt you would see much increase in ROF by getting one with higher capacity and/or discharge rate.