2011-2012 DEVGRU thread

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by apache123, Jan 3, 2013.

1. apache123

apache123 New Member

New York
    Before you all go off like they do on other forums, I am ready to spend ALOT of money on this, and I do know the tedious process. I do have some pictures I want to base it off of and I have done some research already. these are the pictures im basing it off of: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/101/devgru.jpg/sr=1
    I know the gun is a 416 with an EOTech, peq 15, and an unidentifiable fore-grip. There appears to be something else on the stock I can't identify. Possibly a GPS system (Garmin 401?). He amperes to be wearing Merrell MOABs. He obviously has Crye Precision AOR1 AC combat pants and trousers. His helmet appears to be ops core FAST style with a NVG (probably some strobes as well, but I cant see). I'm not so good with vests so I'm not so sure what variant it is. I'm thinking a Crye Precision Cage plate carrier. That's all I've got. I cant tell if he has a secondary. Now, If there are any other threads like this, I haven't found them, and I am sorry to thread duplicate. Could you possibly link me to the thread I am duplicating if I am? Thanks!

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    That appears to be either an LBT 6094 in AOR1 (though I don't see the proper routing loops on the shoulder pads) or a Mayflower APC in Desert Digital. You can get a replica 6094 from Toy Soldier and the real APC from skd or Mayflower's site (you might have to wait on the DD, it was back ordered the last time I looked). The cut looks a little more like an APC (less rounded on the upper chest area), but they're far less common than the 6094, which makes me doubt myself.

The Eotech is specifically a 553. The VFG is tango down, and is looks like he has a scout light on there. I can't tell what the BUIS is in that shot. The sling is probably a VTAC padded two point. If it isn't, you should get one anyway. DEVGRU uses them and they're very nice. His pistol is a Sig P226 tucked in a nylon AOR1 holster under his right arm; you can see the grip poking out from under his stock. I can't ID the holster, but belt and thigh mounted Safarilands are popular if you don't need to get this guy 100%. There's some black wire or tube coming down from beneath his holster that I can't ID. It might be some sort of lanyard or the antenna from his radio coming loose or something. It looks like he has some sort of fanny pack, but it's obscured quite a bit. IR glow sticks on the chest, obviously. I stuck with helmets and NODs so I'll let somebody else handle that. There's also a dog next to him.

Welcome to the wannabe SEAL club. You're in good company:

http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f96/devgru98s-cheapskate-impression-thread-57706/

http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f37/starting-my-gear-collection-58480/

http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f96/kommandos-super-amazing-nsw-impression-thread-67281/

http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f96/itunestomatos-high-speed-ish-loadout-66760/

http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f96/new-impression-lots-elitism-snobbery-not-faint-heart-60778/

http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f96/holy-crap-another-wannabe-seal-thread-62799/

3. apache123

apache123 New Member

New York
    Im so glad to be a member of the group:D. Yeah I myself was deciding between the 6049 or the APC, but I wanted to throw another option out there. Im not sure though which one I should use. I want to get. Im probably going to get a Mayflower APC. Thanks for the info on the various other things. Thanks for the info about hte dog on his right. I couldn't ID it :p

4. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Those dogs are tough to spot sometimes (see what I did there?). I have a Mayflower APC myself and I can't say enough good things about it. The 6094 is also a great vest and has a few more features (routing loops, internal radio pouch, those sorts of things) but the APC is an absolute feather weight. It's about 1/3 of the weight of my EPC and just over half the weight of my RRV. I've never handled the Toy Solider 6094 so I can't speak to that specifically, but Grin raves about it. Neither is really a bad choice. Pictures of mine because I like showing pictures of my stuff:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. apache123

apache123 New Member

New York
    wow that was just awful:eek: Might have to copy that same setup for my APC! :D Now, I currently have a KWA SR7 with an ACOG, MBUS, AFG, and ladder rail covers. I know basically none of the attachments are kosher, but I know that the SR7 is.

6. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    Yea it is kosher with the right attachments. I'll put a couple pics of seals in AOR using Mod-0's. For attachments I'd go with a 553, PEQ-15, KAC V-grip, KAC BUIS, a KAC can, and a paintjob if you'd like. Welcome to the club as well!

image-326919431.jpg

image-2329982649.jpg

7. Knief

Ann Arbor
    If this is the exact gun you have, it isn't kosher:

http://kwausa.com/products/aeg/km4-sr7-devgru/

That uses the KAC Free Float RAS. You want either the KAC 7" RIS or the 9.5" Daniel Defense RIS II. Pictures:

KAC 7" RIS (ignore the accessories). Notice that this locks into the delta ring and handgaurd cap whereas yours is a free float that uses a different barrel nut:
    [​IMG]

DD RIS II (yours should be in FDE if you go this route):

[​IMG]

If you do the former, you'd have an mk18 mod0, which is still around but not nearly as common anymore as it used to be. If you did the latter, you'd have an mk18 mod1, which is pretty popular among the non-DEVGRU teams. DEVGRU, however, primarily uses the HK 416. If you want to pick up one of those, VFC makes what is easily the best on the market.

[edit] Dammit devgru98, pay attention to details. The SR7 has the wrong rail.

8. apache123

apache123 New Member

New York
    Yeah thanks! Ill prob keep my ACOG, get a PEQ-15, a KAC can, and ill consider KAC BUIS. I'm probably not going to do a paint job, because I'm as artistically skilled as a retarded donkey.:D
    *EDIT* I thought suppressors aren't available on the civilian market. Is that true?

9. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Check my post above. degru98 is incorrect if your gun is the same one I've linked above.

10. Devgru98

Polo
    Haha, I'd switch the rail system possibly. The acog has not seen much use, if you want a similar sight a specter 4x would work well. The BUIS are also kinda nesecarry as well. Also the paint is not hard to do a light khaki dusting. And Knief, I know what he has, I said that thinking he was going to eventually get a 416. And like I said above he should switch the rail system. The one currently on his gun is non-kosher.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  11. apache123

apache123 New Member

New York
    That is the same gun I have. I was planning on switching to a 416 though, because I knew it would be more kosher. I could prob trade my SR7 for a 416 however. They cost about the same

12. Devgru98

Polo
    That might work! Thats actually a prett good idea, if not I'd sell the SR7 and use the money for a 416.

13. apache123

apache123 New Member

New York
    yeah, I mean its got some upgrades so its prob worth a stock 416. Then ill get a 553 replica, a PEQ-15 laser, a KAC can replica, and some other stuff as well

14. Knief

Ann Arbor
    That'll be solid for sure. If you can't find a straight trade, I'm sure you can sell the KWA and get yourself in the ball park for the cost of the 416.

15. apache123

apache123 New Member

New York
    yeah. But now that we have the blaster, what the first and second line, helmets, and secondaries.

16. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Well, either the 6094 or APC, a riggers belt of your choice, probably an ops core ballistic, and a P226. Did you have questions about the run down I gave you earlier? I didn't go through pouches because we can't really see much and we obviously can't see his hydration. Plus, those are going to depend a bit on what you want to carry.

17. apache123

apache123 New Member

New York
    Yeah im gonna get an APC, a tan riggers belt, an ops core, a p226, I normally run like 6-8 midcaps stacked, a dump pouch, a hydro pouch, and some other stuff. Ill also prob copie the hell out of your PC.

18. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Fair enough. I've got the Mayflower insert and an ATS shingle for mags, an ATS small gp pouch, a BFG double pistol mag pouch, and the FLYYE radio pouch (because nobody makes a pouch that holds my ICOM properly). I don't have a proper hydration pouch yet, though I'm probably getting the LBT 6142c. It's a solid set up--very light, carries what I need, and looks good as hell.

19. apache123

apache123 New Member

New York
    Ill be sure to copy the hell out of it XD but this has been really helpful! Thanks!

20. Knief

Ann Arbor
    No problem. If you have any more questions I'm more than happy to help you out.