2012 Apocalypse Thread

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by Mikeinator, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Northern VA (no more info, someone might find me...)
    So I was laying awake in my bed, and I wondered who believed the world was going to end this December, and how. So go on and rant on about "yes it's the end" or "no it's not," or even how you're prepping for the apocalypse. Personally I am stocking up on fruit snacks to survive...

2. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear
    Why do we need this thread? If and when the world is going to end there's not anything that can be done about it so debating is pointless.

3. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
  4. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Two or three years ago, people were freaking out about this. Now, 4 months from the supposed event, no one gives a firetruck.

5. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Well it may be pointless, and the OP was trolling pretty much. But lots of other threads are just as pointless. This one seems like an interesting one though, so why not. Well I have been getting lots of gear. I also have been refilling my hydration pack every two days. I also keep some extra water bottles, fire starter knifes and replace food monthly. I also keep a shovel handy and practice scenarios more often. I keep everything packed and ready to grab. Since I am to young to keep a fire arm though, I have a pellet rifle, and a drozhd automatic bb gun plus a crosman pellet pistol. But no, I do not think that it will end.

EDIT: It's funny how that works I hop. I'd say by thanksgiving people will start freaking out about this. I wonder if schools will close.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  6. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Nobody is going to freak out.

The supposed "end of the world according to a Mayan Calendar" means nothing more than an end of a cycle, much like the Chinese calendar has cycles named after animals.

The fact that some special person understood it as the ending of the world is just ridiculous.

7. gunerforWP

gunerforWP New Member

Frederick
    In a word, no. The Mayan calender doesn't account for leap years, so it's actually a few years behind, according to it the world should have ended a few years ago. Well, here I am.

8. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    We've been predicting the end of the world from the beginning of time. And it hasn't ended yet. I don't think so.

Besides. The Bible says that no man shall know the date of the end of the world. I'm not a big fan of the Bible, but so far, that one verse has proven itself over and over and over again.

9. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    You don't think they would have taken that into account when figuring it out?

10. Havok17

Havok17 New Member

Chicago
    The thing is (I'm not 100% positive this is correct) the Mayans didn't believe the world would end in 2012 they said it would be a new era or something. And schools won't close by the way Phillies. The world was meant to end in 2000, May 19, 2012, I think 1984, and countless of other times. Did any of those turn out to be real? No.

11. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Do you even know what trolling is? If you think OP is trolling, you must be the biggest net newb there is.

So, when's the next rapture? I really enjoyed the last one.

12. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Well not the whole thing, I was refering to when he said he is preparing by saving fruit snacks.

13. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Yeah. That's called a joke.

14. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    We will already be out of school. Christmas break remember? Lol

15. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Nope I get a half day on the 23rd then off on Christmas eve. I wish I didn't have to go tommorow.

16. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    That sucks for you. We get about a 2 week Christmas break.

17. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Well we go until after new years. But this year we started a week early so it is supposed to be longer.

18. ScarGunner

ScarGunner New Member

This. Whenever people say it will, this is what I say.

19. gunerforWP

gunerforWP New Member

Frederick
    The Mayans didn't know about the leap year.

20. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Northern VA (no more info, someone might find me...)
    I think its not the end, but that some people will freak out. Besides, who would listen to a culture who made sacrifices to gods and treated chocolate like money similar to oompa loompas. But I don't get out of school that day anyway. So I'm gonna go to school in a ga mask and my tactical vest full of fruit snacks...