2012 thompson

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by C-REX, Aug 16, 2012.

1. C-REX

C-REX New Member

Had an idea, and I could not find any one who had done something like this before. I wanted to make a Thompson that looked like it could be used today. I know that most people are going to be all like " oh no you can't remake a classic, that's just in herd of " well I did any way. And I think I came out amazing. I still need to make some parts for it but I wanted to share what I have done with you guys to see what you think.

Attached Files:

2. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    Ahhh tactical Thompson. However I actually really like this one. That's extremely impressive that you were able to do that. You should talk to ThompsonFTW he would probably love this.

3. INFANTRYPRO

INFANTRYPRO New Member

I was hoping to do a rant but how can I with tht. It looks pretty dang nice. The rails underneath the barrel though don't look to good but whatever. I suggest making the stock a skeletal stock or folding since the Thompson is so long.

4. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    Haven't seen any others. Lol.

Take the orange tip off. I'm guessing you spray painted the wood components? As for the rails what kind how is it mounted and how did you center them? Did you fix the part where the outer barrel and upper meet? What did you do the foregrip.

5. C-REX

C-REX New Member

I am in the prosess of making a folding stock for it, but i cant seam to get it to look right. and the rails on the front are not done thay are just a plastic mock up to see what it would look like. i am going to CNC the front rails and make a ring stile mount that will bolt them to the outer barrel.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  6. C-REX

C-REX New Member

"Take the orange tip off. I'm guessing you spray painted the wood components? As for the rails what kind how is it mounted and how did you center them? Did you fix the part where the outer barrel and upper meet? What did you do the foregrip."

well i would take the tip off but around ware i live airsoft is underground as it is, and i have had two friends arested for not having the tip so it stays. but as for the rails i contact weilded them and centered them off the back sight housing. therre is a hole in the rail so you can still detach the outer barrel. the rail is not removible but in no way impeads any of the mecanics of the gun. and what did you mean "what did you do the for grip"?

7. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    Did you put rails on the foregrip as well? I haven't handled that style of Thompson. Also, you missed what I meant about the outer barrel. The Thompson has a notorious problem of breaking off the outer barrel I wondered if you had made an attempt to fix that.

8. C-REX

C-REX New Member

I put rails in front of the for grip as to give the user a place to put lights lasers ect. But still preserve the look of the Thompson. And I am in the process of fixing the barrel. I am making a mag well that will mount ware the two under screws are and it will aid in supporting the barrel. The upper rail pushes down on the barrel to help keep it form rattling

9. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    Interesting. How does the rail affect the iron sights?

10. C-REX

C-REX New Member

If you remove the red dot it dose not effect them. You can still aim it just looks weird because you see a rail that is not normally there.

11. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
  12. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Still looks better than Thompson's Thompson.

13. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    You troll. My Thompson is the best.

14. C-REX

C-REX New Member

I have respect for any one who innovates on old ideas. But I sorry FTW I really like mine better.

15. C-REX

C-REX New Member

Ps. The rail is from an m99 snow wolf. I all the mods you see with just parts I had laying around from other mec. builds

16. AznChimp

AznChimp New Member

Like the 2012 Thompson... alot lol

17. C-REX

C-REX New Member

thanks man, heak if you want to, i could make you one. i am allready makeinf like 4 for friends and stuff.

18. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    Pretty cool, looks uncomfortable on your pointer finger thought on the front grip. Needs a folding/extended stock.
    I knew Thompson would lurk here when I saw the title. Your Thompson is still pretty awesome, just doesn't look finished.
    XD
    How much? I'd be interested? Guess I should discuss this in a PM... Try'd getting Thompson to "murder" one for me, but he's to busy. I'd like to show up at my field with one of those. I'd like to see their faces, don't have the time to do it myself though.

19. C-REX

C-REX New Member

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2013
  20. C-REX

C-REX New Member

Ok lest try this one more time. I need some help. I wana make a new Thompson like the one in this form but better. I have a few ideas but I would like some fresh ones from every one. The cooler the better.
    Ps. Tryed to start a new thread but i was closed, I think I know why but not certant. So all up dates on the 2013 build will be hear.

If only I could change the name of the tread