2016 Classic Army Skirmish line or G&G Combat Machines

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Shane100, May 23, 2016.

1. Shane100

Shane100 New Member

Guthrie
    Price Range: $200

Type of Gun You Want: Electric

Preferred Gun Model: M4

What Role/Type of Play You Will Be Doing/Playing: CQB & Field

I'm new to airsoft and am looking for a decent starter gun. I live in Oklahoma City and we have a CQB warehouse and an outdoor field.

I've been researching sub $200 guns and I'm torn between the G&G Combat Machines and the new Classic Army Skirmish/Nylon lines.

I have a great deal of experience with building competitive hobby grade radio controlled helicopters, planes, and buggies so I don't mind upgrading. I'm basically a 40yr old kid with to many hobbies. I'm also open to suggestions. I just want to avoid junk.

Also considering a pistol (1911) but haven't done the research yet.

Thanks in advance.

2. legoclone09

legoclone09 Likes are candy Supporting Member

San Diego
    The Classic Army M4 would be the better option, Combat Machines aren't as good as they could be for the price.

3. creeden511

creeden511 New Member

Goshen
    i would recommend getting any metal body metal gearbox m4 if you do not mind upgrading it down the road. with your price range of $200 i would look to buy a gun from evikes epic deal page or something on sale, make sure you like it and don't settle because it is on sale. remember you can always upgrade internals but the body of the gun is "less" upgradable and easier to get a solid one and upgrade from there.
    best of luck

4. Shane100

Shane100 New Member

Guthrie
  5. legoclone09

legoclone09 Likes are candy Supporting Member

San Diego
  6. creeden511

creeden511 New Member

Goshen
  7. Shane100

Shane100 New Member

Guthrie
    Just thought I'd update my experience.

So after receiving the tr16 it worked for less than 1 full highcap. First I noticed that the mock bolt wasn't cycling. So I removed the upper and could see the tab that connects the bolt to the blowback piston was broken off. I contacted Evike and they initially refused to warranty the gun because I had "attempted to repair it myself" which I had not. After speaking with a representative on the phone he finally admitted that removing an upper doesn't constitute self repair and doesn't void the warranty. However I was still charged a restocking fee. So they have lost my future business.

My next purchase was done locally. I got a G&G Firehawk and I'm very happy with it.

Now I've become somewhat obsessed with airsoft and my newest purchase is from Airsoft Extreme. I pre-ordered a Krytac MKII CRB and it arrived last week. Here are pics of the newest addition to my growing collection.

http://imgur.com/a/bVua0

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  8. ma_airsoft

ma_airsoft Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Such a nice looking gun.

9. Millsicorn

Millsicorn Member

If only I could afford a krytac......

10. Amish

Amish Member

I know a lot of people here don't like G&G but the one I have has been nothing but great so far. Both your final choices are great. I don't own any Krytac myself but I have handled and shot them many times. I absolutely love Krytac.

As for a 1911 I own two. The co2 version in my sig below is one hellofa handgun and at it's price a solid deal. You might consider it.

Oh and I know how you feel. I'm a 43 year old kid myself!