2nd gun recommendations

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by 1badweasel, Oct 15, 2012.

1. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    I'm Looking into getting a backup rifle, in case my G&P M4 bites it. I want another assualt rifle, but no M4/M16 or AKs. I want a rifle with good internals and quality metal or polycarbonate receiver. My budget is under $300.

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    This is one of those recommendations that'll catch flak here, but a TM is a great back up gun. The here is, you want something dependable that will work every time you pull the trigger. You don't want another gun that'll go down before lunch and really ruin your day. TMs last forever stock, and shoot well. Throw a prommy tightbore in a TM of your choice and you'll always have a gun that gets rounds down range. Ideally, you'd get something that uses the same mags as your primary so you don't have to worry about changing up gear or even loading new mags. Just drop one rifle off the sling, clip the new one on and play the rest of the day.

If you don't want an M4, they have a very nice sig, their mp5 line is solid, as is their AUG line. Their G36 isn't bad either, but G36 mags are ridicu-big, so pouching them is a pain if you don't have a kit built for it.

3. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    The G36 can use M4 mags with the conversion kit so that you can always have the same mags... You could always get a SCAR or Masada if you want an M4 without having the basic look

4. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    I always forget about that conversion kit. It'd be a good option for the G36 if it tickled your fancy.

5. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    I do have double M4 pouches on my kit, so G36 mags whouldn't be a problem. The AUG is a nice unique rifle, but does in meet my requirements?

6. Rusty34

Rusty34 New Member

Corneria
    TM P90, that thing will not break.

7. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa