30 - 35 bps

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by demonxboiz, Dec 3, 2012.

1. demonxboiz

demonxboiz New Member

Hey guys. I have a G&G Raider CQB and I'm trying to boost the bps up to 30 - 35 with a 10.8v battery. I'm not really interested in lipos so yeah. I was wondering what gears, piston, motor, etc. should I get? I would also like to keep the fps under 350 for cqb action. Thanks :)

Edit : uhh i dont know if i have to include this but i already have e1 high speed 13:1 gears and modify piston.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  2. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    replace the gearbox with a complete JG 7mm bearings (with the orange piston).
    swiss cheese the piston, adjust AOE, radius the gearbox cylinder window corners, mosfet, replace wiring with 16awg, element speed motor.

should be around 380fps/28rps

note: i've cracked the front end of 2x G&G CM gearboxes at ~330fps/32rps
    JG gearboxes haven't cracked yet at those performance levels.

3. demonxboiz

demonxboiz New Member

I would like my fps to be below 350. Thanks though.

4. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    This.

CM Gearboxes are not as good as they used to be. They won't be able to handle that.

Also, a 10.8 is a waste. Why not use LiPo? They are not as bad as people crack them up to be.

5. demonxboiz

demonxboiz New Member

Because I don't feel like getting a mosfet and stuff.

6. Thestig

Short stroke your piston until you get the desired FPS.
    You can run LiPos without the MOSFET, as long as you clean the trigger contacts every once and a while. You should be fine to run a 11.1 if you are careful. Just don't get a high MAH. Try to stay under 35C too.

7. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    use the stock G&G spring on the JG gearbox or use a partial metal teeth piston and short stroke -3 or however much to bring the fps down to 350.

8. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    the easiest and most reliable build is to use a JG gearbox with a DSG + 7.4v 35c 2200 mAH. that's what my cqb G&G CM's use.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-d5mF7bVow"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-d5mF7bVow[/ame]

9. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
  10. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Sigh, what's with the reluctance of getting a mosfet and use a li-po battery? You want a high performance gun, but insist on using low performance batteries and a low performance electrical system in your gun. A basic mosfet unit doesn't cost much, and li-po batteries are far superior to ni-mh batteries and aren't nearly as dangerous as certain uneducated people claim. A 10.8v ni-mh battery can actually severely damage your trigger contacts FYI.

I also don't see the point in doing a DSG build just to achieve 35 rps. It's fairly easy to achieve 35rps reliably with a single sector build, you don't even have to short stroke if you use a light piston.

11. WadiyanAirsoft

WadiyanAirsoft New Member

Tyler
    M100 spring siegetek gear set Prometheus tbb turbo motor asgi Pom piston hop up bucking hop up nub cylinder cylinder head piston head wire set

12. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    7.4v builds are more reliable than 11.1v. a gearbox cycling at 15rps (DSG) is easier on the gears, gearshafts, bushings/bearings and motor.

if the target goal was 400 fps @ 30rps, then i would consider SSG.

side note: there are times when KWA fanboys are dry firing their new guns with an 11.1v and bragging about how fast it is. i like to drop in an 11.1v in my DSG G&G and put them to shame. afterwards, switch back to 7.4v and offer them my services to fix their KWA's after they tear up their gearbox.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  13. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It just seems more trouble than it's worth to do a DSG build for just 35rps? It will also take several years to wear out the gears and bushings, even in a 35rps build. I guess we just have different apporaches. Also Siegetek gears are extremely expensive to import where I live, so I would only use them in extreme builds.

14. Thestig

Do not listen to this. An M100 with what I assume he means is a DSG gear set would not end well. Even with siegetek's single sector gear sets, which are lower ratio, I suggest an M130 or up, and then short stroke.

Second, turbo motor? That defines multiple motors. Stick with a Lonex A1 or A2.

Third: ASGI parts aren't very good. Lonex are better.

Fourth: complete wiring sets are a waste. By doing it yourself, you can save at least half of what a good harness costs.

Last: the Prometheus barrel. While normally good, but for ROF builds, tighter barrels are a no-no. May sound weird, but for this ROF, which, while seeming low to techs, is actually on the slow side of fast, and thus a tight barrel like that is pointless. It would make a laser, or jam.

15. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    This. While not necessary with a JG box it is necessary for a CM box. You've got nothing to lose from it with a JG box anyways (unless you mess up).

16. WadiyanAirsoft

WadiyanAirsoft New Member

Tyler
    Well to get a gun to 30-35 Rps just get a 14.8 lipo and watch it tear apart your gun then go upgrade it

17. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    30 to 35, you say? Pick up SHS 13:1s, an SHS 15 tooth, a lonex A1 balanced motor, and a low-ish discharge 11.1v lipo. You'll probably want a cheap MOSFET, too, but I have mine to 30 with a slightly slower motor and no MOSFET. Make sure you do some basic mods for reliability and airseal, as well.
    Will probably need to pick up a heavier spring, maybe an M110/M120 and short stroke. I'm nearly having issues on what I believe was an M100 mislabeled as an M120.

18. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    Very true. DSG builds might cost a bit, but they're easier then people make them seem, and reliable for the RoF.

It's definitely a better use of money then slapping in a terminusX Merlin and a 11.1 40c 3000MaH on an SSG.

19. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Totally agreed. It's just the fact of people not knowing what a DSG is still lol. Or the same basic principles of someone not know what they're doing inside a gearbox.

Reliable rate of fire, low stress, and it's fun to shoot lol :) 60+ bps DSG's is just a waste of time really. Unless you need to show off some tech work lol.
    Too much maintenance for hardcore play lol.

Copied "Alex" when i first heard of the low-stress DSG stuff in my tech thread. No-one down here does it lol. Sorry Alex, but I do give you all the credit man :) I like the builds :) great option for people looking for a speed gun :) and simple'er lol.

Jesus lol. Just buy a Xyclone motor lol :) and 14.8v. and watch the gearbox destroy itself lol.

20. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    Alex is also the reason I did my first DSG build for a RoF I could achieve on an SSG setup because of reliability IIRC.

I think the gearbox wouldn't destroy itself for more then a bit of PE :p

Edit: Aren't merlins faster than Xyclones?

Edit2: Don't xyclone motors suck really bad anyways :p

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012