36K Inner Barrel upgrage question

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by AceSlade117, Aug 18, 2012.

1. AceSlade117

AceSlade117 New Member

Pontotoc
    I am working on upgrading my r36 k to a longer, tightbore barrel, and will be mounting a 220mm mock suppressor to cover it. about what lenght should i look for? Im thinking 575mm but not sure.

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    NONONO a lot of players seem to think longer barrels will get you more accuracy; this is in fact FALSE!! Just stick with the current barrel length and forgo the pain of having to buy a new cylinder.

3. Seyo

Seyo New Member

Behind you
    I think there's a study that says that 455mm is the optimal barrel length. I've seen several people say that but noone was able to confirm it.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  4. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

There's no point getting a barrel that's longer than the stock length. You'll have to get a new cylinder and with a 575mm barrel you won't get good compression with a normal AEG cylinder. Just get a 6.03mm Madbull or Prometheus barrel with the stock barrel length. 455mm is the optimal length to get optimal compression with a type 0 cylinder, but you can get good accuracy with shorter barrels, if you do the common accuracy tweaks.

My AK-104 with a 370mm barrel has better range and accuracy than my AUG with a 509mm barrel. That's because the AK has a more stable construction and more consistent compression. Consistency and stability is key to accuracy, not barrel length.

5. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

You don't need that long of a barrel length, more room for error. IMO.

My P90 has a 247mm barrel, it's more acurate than my friends KWA barrel. Because I have good stability, compression, and hopup and I still have the stock barrel. Everybody thinks your barrel is the absolute contributer to acuaracy. When, in realality, it's not that big as people may think.
    First: get your compression right.
    Second: hopup tune.
    Third: barrel stabilization.
    If you still don't have acuracy, then go for the a better barrel.

6. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

I know the jg one has a 247mm barrel like the compact version.

7. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    Don't listen to these guys. They don't understand the physics they just have heard from others. A longer barrel will help however not how you think. It will add potential to your rifle. Having a longer barrel increases the amount of time a BB can accelerate before reaching the end of the barrel. Heavier bbs take longer to reach max velocity. So having a longer barrel will help with that. However it the quality of the barrel is what effects it's accuracy. Not the tightness or length. 455 is the perfect length and a 6.03 is the perfect tightness IMO. I recommend Prometheus for the make. A hop up bucking will do the most for accuracy if that's what your are looking for.

8. Seyo

Seyo New Member

Behind you
    Is it something wrong in repeating what others have said or done? If we didn't do that we would never learn. Example: Math class in School. Your teacher shows you how to do, then you try your best to repeat what the teacher did.

I know very well that barrel quality is an important part of the equation where the answer is accuracy.

According to Tacketts theory the long range accuracy should be better the higher the barrel diameter is.

I'd use; 6.01 for -100 feet, 6.03 for 100-275 feet and 6.05 or wider for 275+ feet.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  9. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Uh no I'm pretty sure your wrong.

10. Seyo

Seyo New Member

Behind you
    About what? Elaborate.

11. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Sorry I ment on Takkets theory.

12. Seyo

Seyo New Member

Behind you
    No reason to be sorry, Questioning is good.

Well, I don't think there's been a legit testing of that theory but I know that many experienced players DO NOT use 6.01 barrels for their DMR's.

13. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Yeah I agree 6.01 is a little overkill and not really nesicary. But would you want a 6.06 or a 6.03mm barrel?

14. AceSlade117

AceSlade117 New Member

Pontotoc
    Theres not anything wrong with accuracy....its pretty dead on at 100...i just removed the huge orange flash hider, and now the rifle is lacking asthetically. but I cant really put a lengthy suppressor on it without adding inner barrel length....but my accuracy and everything mechanical is wonderful.

15. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

You could get a short metal g36 flash hiders of off shorty usa.

16. AceSlade117

AceSlade117 New Member

Pontotoc
    Also, I'm going to be working as scout in my unit, and may need medium to long range accuracy..and if a longer barrel will help, would be great. Don't plan on doing a whole lot of full auto. And going to upgrade the spring while its broken down

17. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    You just always seem to be looking for a fight. Where did I say that it was wrong to repeat someone else. I said that repeating something that you didn't understand and was incorrect was wrong. There is a bonus to a longer barrel. Everyone said there was no reason to do it. There is really no point in going any wider that 6.03 unless you R-Hop the barrel, because regular buckings aren't consistent past 275ft. Since he is obviously a beginner to teching I would say that he isn't going to do that.

18. Seyo

Seyo New Member

Behind you
    I am not.

Sorry for the misunderstanding then, you have proven Me wrong.

Have a nice day.

19. AceSlade117

AceSlade117 New Member

Pontotoc
    yes, I am a beginner to teching airsoft, but not other things. So, Ive gathered that a 6.03 bore and a 455mm length will probably be a good combo. I am assuming I should replace my hop-up stuff while I have the barrel out, so what is reccomended there?

20. Thunderbo15

Thunderbo15 New Member

Saint Charles
    Kind of depends on what your doing and what your target FPS is. The systema bucking is pretty good for a medium muzzle velocity and good with flat hops. Check out tacketts guide for how to fine tune your hop up though

6.06 barrel. Tackett even tested his theory with a (guessing here, but I'm pretty close to the ballpark I think) a madbull 6.01, prommy 6.03, madbull 6.03, and a stock JG 6.08 barrel. He got the most consistent trajectory out of the 6.08 barrel.

Now this doesn't mean that it is definitive, but you can't just go and say it is wrong because you think it is, you have to actually have proof.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012