3D printed airsoft grenade (spring powered)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Weaponry' started by adas1223, Dec 1, 2017.

1. adas1223

adas1223 Well-Known Member

stratford
    specifically: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2573171

Is the creator here? anyone print this out with success? It uses an M100 aeg spring to fling bb's on impact.

If people are interested, im also planning to design a 3D printed BFG. again, an aeg spring looks like a great powersource for a firing pin. similar to this:

looks as if the trigger are the side pieces/pegs come off on impact releasing the firing pin. Now what is a good cartridge? shotgun primers are widely used already. I see blank .22 in home improvement stores for ramsets with varying power levels. i feel like that can give a great volume adjustability.

thoughts?

BOA_SP3CT3R and Topshotz357 like this.
  2. Prsch2003

Prsch2003 Active Member

New York
    blanks can do a sizeable ammount of damage to people even if its not shooting out anything so i wouldnt recomend using those. Sounds like a great idea tho

BOA_SP3CT3R, adas1223 and Topshotz357 like this.

3. adas1223

stratford
  4. Prsch2003

Prsch2003 Active Member

New York
    I mean it's sounds fun and a good idea for backyard games but i doubt any field would let you do that and even if they did you'd be liable for any damages that occur to people. Like somebody could pick it up and they would probably get their fingers blown off or it could hit somebody's face and go off and give them significant damage like could possibly kill them a 22 even though it's a small round if it's right next to somebody's face it can do a ton of damage. I would say if it's a private game and you instruct everyone about it like not to pick it up and stuff than go for it but if it's a public field prob don't use it. Like look up a YouTube video of the damages of a blank and you'll probably find something. I would suggest just replacing the bullet with a c02 cartridge and use a thin nail to puncture the cartridge.

adas1223 likes this.
  5. adas1223

stratford
    You have good advice but there are in fact fields who have been using BFG's and pyrotechnics for quite a while. definitely respect your field rules

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  6. Hangtight

Hangtight Well-Known Member

Primers are very different to blanks. A primer is designed to produce a shock wave that'll set off the main charge in a casing, so ultra fast burning, doesn't produce a large volume of gas. A blank is the primer and the main charge, and certainly in the case of the ones for nail guns is designed to smack a four inch wire into timber or a fixing into steel. It produces a lot of energy and rapidly expanding gas that, unlike a primer, is perfectly capable of shattering its casing, and whatever its chambered in it is not strong enough.

7. adas1223

stratford
    IMG_20171210_201056.jpg printed both grenades. working on my own 3d print too. the bfg hammer could not strike hard enough. im modifying the spring powered one with a firing pin and a 209 shotgun primer.