416 problem

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by biohazardairsoft7, Nov 26, 2012.

1. biohazardairsoft7

biohazardairsoft7 New Member

kittaninng
    OK for some odd reason when I put my battery in my custom 416 the motor sounds like its trying to spin and the wires get super hot .btw I just put a brand new motor in.

2. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Did you put the wires on the right spots for the motor? You might have reversed them. Also, try adjusting your motor height.

3. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Tyson made the appropriate diagnosis. That's what I would guess in this case. If not, I have a few more guesses about what could be wrong.

4. biohazardairsoft7

kittaninng
    OK so I opened and found that my old motor was fine OK I adjusted height and it wasn't backwards but by any chance would it be because the gearbox is locked

5. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    What kind of motor is it? And do you know what spring you have in it? Maybe the motors weak and can't pull the spring.

Also, are you absolutely sure the motor isn't backwards? Did you connect the wires to the right tabs?

6. biohazardairsoft7

kittaninng
    A brand new aim motor the spring was able to be pulled by a cheap crap Chinese motor it should be the gearbox being locked cause the gears won't move at all.

7. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    How's your shims? Maybe those are tight.

8. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Agreed with Tyson, sounds to me like the shimming in there is too tight. Has a similar issue when I threw a new motor in my G&P

9. biohazardairsoft7

kittaninng
    OK still gonna operate on Monday

10. biohazardairsoft7

kittaninng
    OK I operated and again nothing the thing just keeps trying to turn but it can't

11. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    I think we need pictures then. When you can upload some clear pictures taken in a room or something with good lighting. Maybe then we'll get a good idea of what's wrong.

12. SO_CAL_PUNISHER

SO_CAL_PUNISHER New Member

Did you change the motor plate or shimming in the pistol grip for the motor? I know I have done an upgrade and changed out my grip and the same issue. Double check that. Also is it making a clicking sound when you pull the trigger or like a clunk you can feel in the grip?

13. biohazardairsoft7

kittaninng
    Yes a huge clunking noise like its trying to turn but it cant.