Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks. I have a Cyma Platinum CM.106 that uses a 45 degree selector and a unique selector plate.

I want to HPA the gun, but preserve the old gearbox. I can't for the life of me find a selector plate that looks the same as this one anywhere online. Since the lower receiver is locked to a 45 degree selector (it has nubs built in that prevent any further movement), I think I either have to pull this selector plate off the old gearbox, or modify a standard one.

Do I have any other options?

Electronic instrument Musical instrument accessory Office equipment Musical instrument Household appliance accessory

· Registered
743 Posts
I just dropped an F2 into a VFC 416a5 w/ ambi selectors. So take my statement with a grain of salt. But you may not have to modify the plate at all. My setup will switch to full auto whe the lever is at 45º, even though it’s not set to stop at 45º. But this is a guess at best.

If you have another gearbox lying around, compare the movement of the plate, and see if the two plates move about the same length.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just dropped an F2 into a VFC 416a5 w/ ambi selectors. So take my statement with a grain of salt. But you may not have to modify the plate at all. My setup will switch to full auto whe the lever is at 45º, even though it’s not set to stop at 45º. But this is a guess at best.

If you have another gearbox lying around, compare the movement of the plate, and see if the two plates move about the same length.
So I believe the F2 would work just fine if I was replacing the cylinder assy in the gearbox in my picture - the selector plate works fine with the Perun Hybrid I installed. I'm trying to avoid that though because I would like to keep this gearbox whole.

Where I'm anticipating an issue is putting the F2 into a new gearbox (like the MAC HPA Gearbox), or installing an FE. Those gearboxes use standard selector plates, and I don't think those will work with the selector on my lower receiver. That's where my question arose from - how do I solve that problem?

· Administrator
12,539 Posts
welcome to the world of more stuff being proprietary...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts