$90 dilema

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by jon_wallace95, Dec 25, 2012.

1. jon_wallace95

jon_wallace95 Well-Known Member

I need some guidance guys, I have a $90 budget for airsoft, I have always wanted a shotgun, and the 3 burst bravo m1014 model is $55, but another thing is I could use a decent sidearm. I play mostly field but I also do big backyard games, my backyard is 200 sq ft, so I don't want something too strong to use in a backyard firefight, but I want it to be field applicable. I know the bravo has 350 fps, a 30 rnd shell (10 shots) an adjustable stock, I have looked at reviews and I really like it, but I am also considering the possibilities of a handgun, my current one is spring. As far as co2 or green gas goes, which is easier to come by and which would be cheaper? I know I want a 1911 or a Glock model because those are the guns I love in real steel. I already know that many will say do more research on my own first, and I am going to when I get home, but that won't be for another hour, so I just wanted to start getting info from you guys on the best type of semi auto handgun. I know there is co2, green gas, and electric. I have seen and used an electric handgun and I already k ow to stay away from those. So in your opinions which is better overall? Co2 or green gas?

Edit: for the handgun it does not need to be blow back, I would actually prefer it not to be only because it uses more gas and I'm not sure how much I would be able to acquire when it's game time.

2. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

Whatever you do, SAVE UP. $90 is close to a JG or - if worse comes to worse - Lancer Tactical. Don't buy something just because you have an urge. Once you get an AEG, you'll be happy.

Edit: C02 pistols and shotguns will break much sooner than a JG, and they will not work as well.

3. Commie

Commie New Member

Grand Rapids
    Hey on ASGI you can get a JG g36c for about $90 shipped with coupons.

4. averageairsofter

averageairsofter New Member

Menifee
    Yes you will be much happier if you save up another $30 and buy a jg. Of you want a pistol I would suggest kjws, they are around $100 and are pretty solid pistols.

5. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

I wouldn't even get a pistol when a JG is just $20 away at most.

6. jon_wallace95

Already ahead of you guys on the jg....

Attached Files:

7. averageairsofter

Menifee
    If you already have a jg m4 then you might want to pick up a sidearm to go with it since it makes more sense to have a pistol as a back-up incase your primary goes down instead of an extra rifle. Like I said earlier kjws will be your best bet.

8. ReconOpsFireteam

ReconOpsFireteam New Member

Mohave Valley
    ehh since its already on sale it comes out to like $101, cant use coupon on something thats on sale. Well at least it didnt let me.

9. jon_wallace95

That's what I'm saying, either handgun as a sidearm or a short shotty?

10. jon_wallace95

Ok, I figured I will go with a handgun, co2 1911 to be specific, has anyone ha any experience with a WG brand handgun? If so what is your feedback?

11. averageairsofter

Menifee
    They are pretty bad and low quality. They are made out of weak pot-metal parts and you can expect bad accuracy, low range, and fps that is too high to play at any field. So overall it sucks, don't waste your money on it.

12. jon_wallace95

So which 1911 would you recommend? My budget is $90 for gun, mags and gas, ammo I have. But $90 shipped is my budget, anything over $75 on ASGI is free ship, so I can get a more expensive gun there, but $90 is my brick wall

13. Hat3d1

Hat3d1 New Member

Moore
    Unless you are really stuck on a 1911, I would recommend a KWC NBB pistol, I have several pistols, and in the cold, a KWC NBB Taurus is my go to.(Until I replace it with a Elite Force 1911 TAC..) co2 is your buddy in the cold.

14. jon_wallace95

Well cold isn't an issue in Miami, and I kinda am stuck on 1911's, my first airsoft gun was a spring 1911, my current sidearm is a kwc spring 1911, and my first real handgun is a 1911, so I would prefer a 1911, like I said, it doesn't have to be blowback, and as far as external construction, I'm fine with plastic only because in my entire airsoft career I have only dropped a gun 3 times in 7 years, twice were trying to spin my friends m14, the other I tripped

Edit: what about a Y&P/HFC?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  15. jon_wallace95

16. averageairsofter

Menifee
    That will be a pretty good pistol for the price. Don't expect amazing performance because you get what you pay for but nothing too bad about it. It will also be durable because it is full metal.

17. jon_wallace95

I was about to to buy the m9 when I was given this as a late Xmas gift.

Attached Files:

18. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Oh boy, Santa's deemed you not deserving of even coal! CROSMAN!

Kidding, have fun with that I guess.

19. jon_wallace95

Eh, it will do till I save up for an elite force 1911, I love the way it looks and got to use one today. I fell in love with it. The co2 crosman isn't that bad actually. It came with 25 co2 cartridges, each one gets about 10 mags, 16rds per mag. And I got these.......10000 rds to throw at people when all else fails. Maybe go as far as to take an extra barrel and use them as pea shooter ammo. Actually it would be pretty cool to inflate a balloon filled with some and pop it with the jg, just to watch them fly, kinda like a satchel charge I guess.

Attached Files:

20. blowback2000

blowback2000 New Member

It's a good buy. My sidearm is a KWA m1911, and i really hate it. I might get one of those soon. :)