A G&P GBBR for $200?

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by FSTK, Sep 8, 2012.

1. FSTK

FSTK Member

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=35717

It's a challenge kit. However I know challenge kits to go for about...$50-$70 below a complete rifle. Soo.....the fact it's $200, is there something I'm missing? As far as I see it: you get all the parts needed to put it together. Once you do, you got a working GBBR for a fraction of the price of say...a LM4. (assuming you got WA mags already).

Am I reading this right?

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    If you are asking if I can see that link selling for 200 then yes.

3. DAYWALKER

DAYWALKER New Member

Pasadena
  4. alexrox

alexrox New Member

Ellicott City
    You need to buy a mag.

5. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

He said assuming you already have magazines.

6. alexrox

alexrox New Member

Ellicott City
    Yeah, saw that right after I posted...

7. FSTK

FSTK Member

That's most likely it. No way a G&P WOC could go for $200. A WOC-X sounds much more believable. I should email Evike and see if that's true.

8. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    It is made of a WOC-X with the aluminium lower internals and other non-steel metals throughout the other internals. That being said, it's still a good deal and much better than any of those cheap Chinese clone GBBRs out there (WELL, AGM, JG, etc.). I would put it more on the level of a King Arms. It still isn't horrible quality, but it's not the super high end WOC we've all come to know and love. It may or may not require a bit of dremeling/modification to get working and then you'll probably need to replace the trigger sear after a few thousand rounds and then it'll be a slow downhill roll.

Still the best deal you'll get on a GBBR for $200. Not to mention, I tell everyone to upgrade to the RA-Tech BCG anyways because it's awesome and almost everyone I know who seriously runs GBBRs has upgraded the trigger group anyways. Plus the whole idea that you assembled the thing ground up is a really cool thing.

9. adas1223

adas1223 Active Member

stratford
    Buy kit $200 (%20 off = $180 shipped)

Prowin V2 magazine $70 shipped

dremel/shave firing block $skills (most important step****)

now you got yourself a reliable/highly upgradable platform for $250 all together
    (assuming you have a dremel, sandpaper, file, etc)

#yourewelcome,goodbyeAEG's,recoilrecoilrecoil,52rdsofaesomeness,holler

10. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Who was your math teacher? With the 20% off it is $160.

11. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    He's saying the shipped price however.

12. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Really? I thought it was free shipping regardless over 100$.

13. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    Nah that's for airsoftgi not evike.

14. adas1223

adas1223 Active Member

stratford
    like some people figured out already, you can only use 1 coupon code from evike at a time.

free shipping = $200

20% off = $180 shipped

"troll less, think harder" -Justin beiber

15. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

I must be thinking of asgi then. Because I had an order with 10% off and still got free ship.

16. alexrox

alexrox New Member

Ellicott City
    That's not evike then.

17. FSTK

FSTK Member

I emailed their Sales
    and this is what I got.

This is what I got afterward from Tech

At first, I was dismissive. But then I learned that G&P packages the Challenge kits in "WOK" or "WOC" boxes. I don't know if that makes a difference.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  18. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    As an owner of one of the Challenge Kits, I would like to disagree with Mr. Tech, they are WOC-X, aluminium internals through and through. Unless they've changed them as of late, they're aluminium. Look up threads on the kits, everyone says they're cast aluminium, take their word, not just mine.

I've had Evike customer service not be spot on before, not to take a shot at the company, but I really don't trust them much. WOC has taken off on its own, almost as its own brand rather than line, so when he calls it a WOC it's kind of hard to pinpoint exactly what he means. The prices you quoted were from other distributors, Evike also being one doesn't affect the price like that.

As far as WOK, that's what the kits are called I believe, though they use the same parts as a WOC-X. WOC stands for Western Arms Official Copy, I would guess WOK was instituted not following the original meaning of the abbreviation after WOC took off on its own, though the K I would assume stands for "kit".

19. adas1223

adas1223 Active Member

stratford
    The $200 kits are most definitely aluminum. Evike staff are a hit or miss when it comes to GBBR's

20. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    Hi. Evike lies. Just in general, they are money hungry, bloodthirsty satan worshipping sellers of Airsoft goods.