A good long ranged gun? (compact so i can hang on my back)

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by cdaryl, Sep 20, 2012.

1. cdaryl

cdaryl New Member

Hong Kong
    What is a good long ranged gun. In fields I always have some players that are so far that my aeg cannot reach... But their snipers can reach me. The problem is I don't want to be a sniper. I want a gun that can shoot far and I'll hang on my back and use it when I see someone a bit too far away? my maximum budget is 200bucks. Thx!

2. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Those rifles are not bought, they are built.

3. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

A DMR(Designated Marksman Rifle) is what you are looking for, however, as Shifty said, those guns are built, not bought. You could buy a AUG, G36, or even an SMG if you want, and put the right upgrades and tuning into it to make it a gun that can perform at that level.

4. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    And $200 will only get you the shell with stock internals that still won't reach.
    Have you considered upgrading your current rifle with your $200 budget to gain some reach?

5. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Yes upgrade your rifle thats your best bet.

6. cdaryl

cdaryl New Member

Hong Kong
    Oh... So I'll go with upgrading my rifle. I can't upgrade the spring to make it over 350fps plus, because the fields do not allow... What kind of upgrades can I do?

7. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Check your compression (there is a guide in the Upgrades&Modifications section), buy yourself an R-hop from HunterSeeker5 and get a high quality barrel (Prometheus or Madbull).

8. cdaryl

cdaryl New Member

Hong Kong
    I'll check out the guide. Thanks! But what is r-hop? Is it hop up?

9. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    First off let me say I'm happy you're open to upgrading. It's not as scary or harmful as some make it sound.

The R-Hop (and flat hop for that matter) is a hop-up modification. In all actuality it should be called the R-Nub, because it just replaces the nub. You typically use the same hop up (or typical hop up), the same bucking, you're just removing the nub and replacing it, and sometimes modifying the hop-up's arm to correctly accommodate the R-hop.

There are quite a few YouTube videos explaining installation and yadda yadda. Some even say it's a waste of money. I'm open-minded and bias, so with that said, I say this: It's not a proven fact, but a theory. I personally have seen it do awesome things to some guns and others not much of a change. But for Something so cheap, it's worth at least trying out when you're referring to increasing range and accuracy.

10. cdaryl

cdaryl New Member

Hong Kong
    Okay.. Thanks. Can I take my gun to a local shop and tell the people there to do it for me? Are they usually reliable?

11. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    We can't answer that. Every shop is different.
    It's best to call them or stop by and ask them. As far as if they are reliable, Ask local players if they have had work done there.

12. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    This. Some tech's can't do r-hops. Ask them what they can do.

13. rileymccann

rileymccann New Member

Long Beach
    You could upgrad e your hop up, get a 6.03 mm inner barrel, or get. Barrel extention. If you want another gun, look in the clasaifieds part of this site. I'm selling a JG T3 RAS, it is pretty light weight and has a good ROF, a 500 ROUND hi cap, and is the size of a DMR.

14. AirsoftShawn4

AirsoftShawn4 New Member

Lansing / Webberville / South Lyon
    Try the KJW MKII gas rifle. Its small and has a lot of range and FPS, comes with a metal hop up, it's semi automatic, has a scope rail, and takes mags in the grip like a pistol, so that means it has a longer inner barrel. And they only run for about 115 dollars. I couldn't think of anything better.

15. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    It has 500 fps. I think the op said his field has a 350 fps limit.

16. rileymccann

rileymccann New Member

Long Beach
    At that point a small weapon is not an option really....I would just upgrade the m4 hop up bucking and inner barrel

17. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

I think they are over 500 fps.