A&K light machine gun

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by 1badweasel, Dec 3, 2012.

1. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    The price on their machine guns seems a little too generous. It makes me skeptical on the quality, and most importantly, the internals. What's given up to make it affordable?

2. jerrod710

jerrod710 New Member

I have an A&K M249. I love it! I just purchased a G&P Stoner abd I've gotta say I like it better than the M249.

3. The Fox

The Fox New Member

A little village in Europe
    I've seen a handle break off once, so the material is probably low quality

4. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    The internals are actually not that bad. First thing to go is the piston, but easily changed out.

We run them as "LMG" rentals. They've been lasting for quite a while. But the box mags will break fast as well. You'll need to really take care of them for it to last long.

Externally it's a heaping piece of pot metal. Not a really bad thing. Just don't "fall" on the gun or throw it off a roof top lol.

Even the classic army M249's have some pot metal on them ;) lol.

5. Navyhodge

Navyhodge New Member

Norfolk
    +1 to That

I owned a A&K M249 Mk 1 about 4 -5 years ago. I had it for about a year before I sold it, only because It was so heavy for me. The time I had it, it ran perfect and flawless (with the exception of misfeeding occasionally). I would concur to say that it does have some Pot metal on it, but that really isnt enough to deter me from purchasing another one. It was still increibly reliable, and shook fear into everyone on the field. The one downside would probably be the Box Mag. It worked right 90% of the time for me. Once or twice I had a jam inside and would have to open it up real quick and unjam it. Also, it seemed like the batteries went through pretty quick on it. Occasionally I thought it was going to Rip off from the mount on the weapon, but it held pretty consistent throughout its life in my hands. So overall, I give it a 7.5-8.5 out of 10. Great accuracy, good fireate, good FPS, but sometimes felt like it was going to Bust if I dropped it. Its defintley worth the $300 in my eyes. Great price for a gun that can induce alot of Havok.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  6. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    What about upgradability and repair? Am I going to have trouble finding another piston if it breaks? And what's the level of difficulty of the mechbox if I need to fix something?

7. Navyhodge

Navyhodge New Member

Norfolk
    Mmmmm. I'm not entirley sure on this. Personally, I wouldnt upgrade it. But thats just me. I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say it wouldnt be OVERLY difficult to find parts for it. M249 Gearboxes look kind of Funky nor do I know much about them so dont take my words for granted. I cant imagine they contain to many different parts. I know they have a drop in spring system that is real nice, but thats about it. I'd wait for a more senior member on this one.

8. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
  9. cdi

cdi Member

Off the bat any A&K LMG be it a 60, 249 replace the hopup bucking with something a little more stiff and replacing the nub with one slightly larger usually fixes that problem. Never use the carry handle to carry the gun. They will snap off. If you have the M249 make sure you tape the box mag since it loves to open up at random times if you don't. If you have the m60 make sure your feed tube is never snarled in the little hole you have to run it through to hook it up to the gun.

The m249's trigger contacts will go very fast and will cause your gun to fire full auto non stop. So be ready to drop the mag and pull the battery.

If it the M60 it might be wise to rewire the entire thing. As that will help a bit.

10. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
  11. LegacyAirsoft

LegacyAirsoft You can say I tech a little...

Massachusetts
  12. Masonicrat

Masonicrat Member

New London
    Quick comment, the handle is not actually meant to be used to carry the weapon. On RS it's meant to change the barrel out quickly with out wearing gloves to protect your hands from the heat. So do not overly use it, it can't handle it and is not meant to.