a&k m249 hop up

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by usa0211, Jul 28, 2012.

1. usa0211

usa0211 Member

everytime i shoot my m249 the bbs shhot to the ground at like 100ft. when i adjust the hop up some of the bbs roll out of the barrel can someone explain why?

2. slipknot2302

slipknot2302 New Member

What bbs are you using? And what brand of gun?

3. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    The gun is obviously A&K M249.

4. slipknot2302

slipknot2302 New Member

-_- I guess that's what I get when I just wake up and try to post. But maybe a dirty nub or bucking?

5. usa0211

usa0211 Member

i changed the nub because it kept on getting un done and the bucking seems normal... is it suppose to be a little bigger ?

6. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

A&K m249 manufactures the hop up unit so that the nub sits vertical instead of horizontal. (idk about CA) You can either a) shave the unit so it can fit horizontally or b) make an elongated nub using either a pen or spare 16awg wires

7. usa0211

usa0211 Member

i used the pen trick, but when the hop up is off the bbs curve down at almost 100ft, when i adjust the hop up its shoots it shoots only 1 or two and the other shots roll out of the barrel

8. Timj

Timj New Member

Houston
    Use the wire loom. Works great for me.

9. usa0211

usa0211 Member

ok thats what im doing right now. should it be a little bit bigger or the same size as the original ?

10. Timj

Timj New Member

Houston
    Little bigger than original

11. usa0211

usa0211 Member

i tried it and it didnt work. I've decided to go and buy a classic army hop up chamber because i think its the hop up chamber that doesnt work

12. Phailed

Phailed New Member

Bodø
    Do not use the "pen trick" or the one with the cable. The stock hop up bucking is way to weak and wil rip. Im using a nub from a Prometheus red hop up bucking set and a systema hop up bucking (because my AEG is to low fps to use a hard bucking). This gives me just as good or even better range than other AEGs with the same fps.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/upgrade-...ir-seal-chamber-hop-up-packing-hard-type.html

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/upgrade-...-enhancements/systema-new-hop-up-packing.html

13. usa0211

usa0211 Member

Is there anyway I can buy the nub by itself and not buy the actual hop up bucking?

14. paine701

paine701 New Member

Do any one have a website u can buy some extra A&K m249 bucking?