A&K m249, thoughts?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by hunter21, Aug 8, 2012.

1. hunter21

hunter21 New Member

V been looking at the m249 mk1 for at least a year, only problem is, all the videos on YouTube about them put them down, and don't show what I want to know, I wanna know power, rate of fire, maintenance, box mag and over all quality? If youv got one, your comments would be greatly received :)

2. Casanova

Casanova New Member

Buffalo
    I have the M249 Para and i can't imagine the gearbox is much different if at all. mine had a lot of bugs to work out and I'm still working on it after 4 months. It's not a bad quality gun if you want a good upgrade platform. You should expect to do a lot of soul searching after you buy it. You will find yourself very frustrated with it, but when you get it to a personally acceptable point you'll love it. The box mag is better than a standard high cap but the sound activated setting only goes so far, and I'd highly suggest purchasing a better mag for it but the one it comes with will do just fine :) The rate of fire is slightly low for an LMG but it's nothing that can't be fixed by tinkering. I had to replace the hop up chamber because when it came it had a non existent effect. I guess what I'm trying to say is you'll most likely regret the purchase a few times at first but don't get discouraged because it's all stuff you can work through :)

3. hunter21

hunter21 New Member

Well, new to airsoft do that sounds pretty hard, I like big guns, and I am hoping by the end of 2013 to have a viva arms browning 50cal, do im just looking for big guns that will catch people's eye, I may go with a fully customed m4 (magpul) and fully upgrade that, but thank you for your feed back :)

4. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    If you're a new player I would not suggest an LMG right away. Get a basic AR or AK platform, and start from there. If you think the gunner role of for you, grab an LMG later on.

5. Casanova

Casanova New Member

Buffalo
    I second that. If it's grabbing someone's eye that means a lot to you, I'd work on getting down painting techniques. A good paintjob will always drop jaws even when a fancy gun can't. Make sure that whatever you wind up doing catches your eye more than the people you play with. Personalization not generalization! :)

6. Masonicrat

Masonicrat Member

Kodiak
    Quick note to remember for lmgs: weight! The Role of a support gunner is incredibly satisfying and fun, but after a full day of lugging around the pig (M60) you might get pretty sick of it. so make sure you can handle it.

7. hunter21

hunter21 New Member

I'd love to be a support gunner but it's just all the tweaks I'm really not good with all of em, I'd probably have to send it to a shop constantly ahaha

8. M60_Airsoft

M60_Airsoft New Member

I personally would go with the A&K M60. It has a nob to increase or decrease it rate of fire, it goes up to about 20bps just by turning the nob. And as for quality, it's full metal, and any m249 parts for upgrades will work in the M60

9. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    The M249 has an adjustable fire rate as well.

10. Casanova

Casanova New Member

Buffalo
    Really? i can't seem to find that feature on mine then :confused:

11. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    Right under the barrel, where the gas tube is supposed to be, there should be a little dial. Turn it left and right and your fire right will increase/decrease.

12. Casanova

Casanova New Member

Buffalo
    That's a negative. i have a movable gas collar but it doesn't affect ROF and it isn't attached to anything mechanically, electrically, or otherwise.

13. M60_Airsoft

M60_Airsoft New Member

Well, on the A&K M60, it has a dial on it to change ROF

14. Casanova

Casanova New Member

Buffalo
    Correct but not on the 249 as far as i can tell

15. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    Either yours is broken or you have an older model. I know they both have an adjustable ROF.

16. Casanova

Casanova New Member

Buffalo
    I'm not trying to be strong headed or anything but where could i find an example of one with adjustable ROF?

17. supportgunner

supportgunner New Member

When did this happen? This is the first time I have heard the the M249 has an a adjustable fire rate? My A&K M249 dose not have one. Now my A&K M60 dose.

What you are talking about is the gas tube that dose nothing to the rate of fire.

I would love to see a link backing up your claim.

Here is a good read on the M249:http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=797

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  18. hunter21

hunter21 New Member

So, is the m249 a good weapon? The A&K m249 I mean, im looking towards an armoury full of big guns... Mortars, browning 50cal, m249 ect

19. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX Member

San Angelo
    The A&K M249 is not a high-performance AEG. It competes well with entry-level AEGs, but not tuned or professional level guns. Tuning them up can be more difficult than tuning a regular gearbox, since the motor cage is relatively small and they don't use standard bushings.

20. hunter21

hunter21 New Member

Ok, I'll go with the gr26 from G&G but next November I'll be buying the viva arms 50cal, is it available in two tone?