A&k m4 sr16 dmr

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by T1222, Dec 25, 2015.

1. T1222

T1222 New Member

Atlanta
    Hello everybody!
    Some friends and I have recently been going to an airsoft place and I have been renting guns and equipment for about $30.
    I am quite confident that I will save more money by buying a gun than continuing to rent out equipment.
    I am looking into the A&K M4 SR16 DMR.
    Here is a link: http://www.evike.com/products/58214/
    What is your opinion on the gun and its stats.

I also have another question.
    This gun does not come with a battery and I would need one. I used to be really into high quality RC cars and stuff so I already have an 11.1v Lipo battery which I believe is usable with this gun.
    It has a different connector/fitting but that would be easy enough to change.
    Would this battery run with this gun?

Thank you plenty and happy holidays,
    T1

2. ObamasTaxes

ObamasTaxes New Member

Hackettstown
    Are you playing CQB or Field?
    Also, with that 11.1, don't use it. I highly doubt that gun will be able to handle an 11.1v without the aid of a Mosfet and beefier internals.

3. T1222

T1222 New Member

Atlanta
    It can get pretty close.

4. QuietAirsoft

QuietAirsoft New Member

I recommend just saving up for the KWA Km4a1. Full metal, can handle a 11.1, and has the tried and proven 2gx gearbox. Very good gun for $200. http://www.evike.com/products/28467/

5. HighVelocityFish

HighVelocityFish Member

Fort Wayne
    From my experience with A&K, they tend to be a fairly reliable bet for sub-$200 rifles. I don't think you could go too badly wrong with them short of a lemon. That said, you may be able to find something that better fits your interests. What models of rifles do you like? What's your budget? What roles do you like to play on the field? There are several stickied threads on this sub-forum that should be able to help you.

As for the battery, you're on the right track with the lipo, but like OT said, I wouldn't advise running an 11.1 on a new, fairly budget-priced rifle. I've played with 7.4s for some time and they're safe for most rifles.

6. jakethesnake

jakethesnake New Member

Paola
    i too have a question on this gun

I also own this rifle, what is the lowest battery voltage this gun can run effectively