A&K Masada New Hop Up Problem

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by INFANTRYPRO, Oct 9, 2012.

1. INFANTRYPRO

INFANTRYPRO New Member

Alright well I'm having a problem with my new hop up I got for my Masada. At first I had to shave some of it off to get the BB to feed right. Now that it's feeding right the bb's are flying in every direction. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions?

2. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    I think itmay be that your air nozzle and hop up bucking are not aligned correctly. Take the hop up unit off, relube the bucking with air seal grease and put it back in the unit. Check your air nozzle too and wether it sits nicely in your hop unit.

3. INFANTRYPRO

INFANTRYPRO New Member

Alright I'll do that later. Thank you

4. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    It's A&K. Upgrade every single part, internally and externally.

5. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Please, for the love of your accuracy, don't do this. Hop ups work via friction, and if you put grease inside them, it won't work. If you want to fix your air seal, put anaerobic gasket maker on the bucking to barrel contact point. Also, make sure you hop up unit is being pushed back against your gearbox shell. Make sure you're using a plastic air seal nozzle as well.

As for the BBs going everywhere, is your nub glued to the hop arm? Is your barrel secured tight and unmoving? Is your hop up moving side to side? Is your hop up arm moving side to side? All these questions have a effect on your accuracy.

6. Radar159

Radar159 New Member

Lol why Is everyone hating on the gun, it does its job well, These people have never owned it nor fired/ handled it, yet they criticize it because of what they here on the internet.

7. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    It's a great gun, just has a few flaws.

8. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    I have personally handled multiple A&K Masadas, it's my own opinion it is a bad replica. The Internet happens to agree because they've heard it from multiple credible sources.

9. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London

Thats funny, when I did that to my hop up unit on a regular maintenance routine, my fps shot up 15-20 fps with a decrease in deviation. Accuracy was beautiful being able to hit coke bottles at 125+ feets. Guess im a one off!

10. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    For the same reason washing BBs to increase friction, greasing a contact patch is not a good idea.

11. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    Lubing your bucking lips with silicone oil and then wiping them dry can increase air seal.

Dry rubber isn't very flexible.

12. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Yeah. I soak my buckings in silicone as well then wipe them dry.

13. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    Well yes, I meant just lubing and using them. I thought airseal had already been covered by you or another poster.

14. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    I wouldn't say i wipe it completely dry, but the layer of the lube I apply is very thin and light with a cotton bud. Helped my airseal quite alot.

15. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    As long as the Bucking isn't dried out, you should be achieving a good air seal. If you need grease on your lips, then you have a bad bucking-nozzle seal.

Any oil or grease that comes in contact with your BB will reduce performance.

16. INFANTRYPRO

INFANTRYPRO New Member

Well splendid news everyone! It's working all of a sudden now!!