A&K Masada Slow&Small Upgrade

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Sako, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Sako

Sako New Member

Hello Everyone, First off So far i've managed to strip the gun down to just the gear box [Have not opened it ever will be my first time doing so when i get the jist of what parts are needed and when they arrive]. Just to throw it out in the open I'm currently new to airsoft and tech-wise as well so please I would like your advices and thoughts :p. I am fully aware and prepared for any criticism that comes my way and willing to learn from them.

[Upgrade Parts that are in my mind so far]
    -SHS High Torque Motor (Long type)
    -SHS 15 Metal Teeth Piston
    -Element Airsoft Aluminum Piston Head
    -(Not sure what else....)

The rest I was thinking to just keep it stock. My goal is for it to have a good response on the trigger since I am going to CQB areas for the most part in the state I currently reside in. Second goal is for me to have a reliable gun that wont break down on me anytime soon...:( ---- I've done several research and surfing through this forum for upgrades and such---Either that or I'm just too afraid to ask and post this [Eventually i have-had to]. Budget wise willing to go $150 for starts and possibly $200~$250 <--- Possible to ask for a quote and Thank you for taking your time reading this post you have my gratitude!

2. armsofglory

armsofglory New Member

Poly piston heads for CQB because they are light. What kind of build you looking for? ROF? What do you plan on changing? Gears? The list now seems good other than the aluminum piston head.

3. Uller

Uller Well-Known Member

Topeka
    IMO if all your after is a good reliable CQB gun,then all you really need to do is basic tuning,and making sure the compression is good.

All the info you need can be found in the stickies at the beginning of this sub-forum.

If you go through all the stickies correctly,you just might find yourself having to down grade the spring in your gun.

4. Sako

Sako New Member

Alright so i'll go with this Element Airsoft POM Lightweight Piston Head. Kind of build i'm looking for? I was just thinking of just making the gun solid enough to last me a good amount of time [A reliable Setup per say], But what builds would you suggest for me if it's just CQB in general---Would you suggest also changing the gears? I'm not too sure what size or dimensions errr ???:???
    RoF It was around 15 almost 16 with a 9.6v last i checked on chrono --- If i read your question correctly.

5. armsofglory

armsofglory New Member

Some say pom piston heads make your gun last longer and some say aluminum with sorbo do. It just depends on how much you pressure it. That's pretty low. The new motor and set up may increase it. You want 25s in CQB. Since it isn't about accuracy and more rounds down range. You could swiss cheese your piston and do a few mods plus the DIY Mods.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  6. Uller

Uller Well-Known Member

Topeka
    For your needs this is unnecessary.Basic tuning,and compression mods is all you will need.Im not a speedster myself,and the fastest ive built guns is in the mid to upper 20's per sec.To achieve this,all that I did was install M100 springs,use 16:1 gears,and install 20c-25c 11.1v 1800mah lipos,along with JG blue or JG M93 HT motors.Very simple and straight forward.In both builds I ran 25+ rps at 360ish fps.Even by upgrading your power supply to a 11.1v lipo,you will immediately get into the lower 20's.

7. armsofglory

armsofglory New Member

He could use a high discharge 7.4 lipo and mosfet and then get 16:1 gears and the rest of his list and be done. A weaker spring helps with ROF right?

8. BRTSoloWing

BRTSoloWing Well-Known Member

China Grove
    He'll need a new air nozzle to won't he? For a better air seal?

9. Uller

Uller Well-Known Member

Topeka
    Possibly,but like I posted ealier,blinding speed isnt my thing,im more of a VERY high power guy.I posted what I did in consideration of the ops experience lvl upgrading/working on guns.My suggestion was the simplest,most straight forward I could come up with based on my own experiences.Based on my experiences before lipos,its a better idea to go ahead and go 11.1v as most people in the end do it anyway.It will save him money in the end as he wont have to buy batteries twice.

10. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    You don't need a gear swap. I'm hitting almost 30 rps on a $20 build... I would open the gearbox before buying parts. Then you can decide If airseal parts are really necessary. You will also want to have metal bushings.

11. armsofglory

armsofglory New Member

That's nice! What did you add to it?

12. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    Added sorbo and a cylinder head. A lot of DIY mods... and a battery I had.

13. armsofglory

armsofglory New Member

So its mostly a 35$ build because you have to count the battery cost for everyone else. 11.1 right? Luckily DIY Mods are cheap.

14. Sako

Sako New Member

If i'm going with a 11.1 lipo....I cant just plug it in directly after adding the new parts and start testing it out right? x,x I'm not very knowledgeable with the MosFet area...

15. armsofglory

armsofglory New Member

Mosfets channel the voltage and do a whole lot of good for your trigger contacts. Disguised enemy (member) makes good mosfets. 11.1s are just a high powered battery. 7.4 lipo works for me. 11.1 is maxing out your guns performance. It makes gun shoot double what they shouldn't. Their most common use is ROF and just FPS. For field they are a bit overkill and Im not sure if I support them or not. But a mosfet is a must! Most KWA users have 11.1s everywhere. Out of 10 KWA 11.1 users 2 have mosfets. So go ahead and use a lipo with a mosfet for CQB and leave it out on the field or opposite.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  16. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    I've posted about the A&K Masada in a couple of threads. I'm on my phone right now so I can't link them, but try using the search bar to find them.

17. Sako

Sako New Member

7.4 lipo is better than a 9.6v nim or just the same sorry for asking.

18. armsofglory

armsofglory New Member

Nimhs are total crap compared to a lipo. 7.4 are a whole lot better. Nimhs are more popular because people think they are cheaper. Hope here:
    WWW.Hobbyking.com
    Shop in USA warehouse in either airsoft or regular section.

19. Sako

Sako New Member

Think i'll start off with a 7.4 lipo with the current upgrade parts and see how it goes. What brand type of lipo and charger

20. armsofglory

armsofglory New Member

Imax charger(genuine) and others I believe are smart chargers...good choice.