Featured A&K Masada Upgrades

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Nick43, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Nick43

Nick43 New Member

Farmingdale
    So recently I purchased the A&K masada I was looking to do some upgrades into it. I was thinking about putting in a perun optical mosfet, shs 13:1 gears, shs high torque motor. I have the wii tech air nozzle, feeding chamber, and hopup coming in. After getting feeding issues right out of the box. I'm waiting to put my new 407mm 6.02 barrel when the hopup comes. I wasn't sure what cylinder set I should get though. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    I am relatively new to the sport (played on and off for a few years). This is the first gun that I am modifying. My past guns were just Crosman guns and a cm16 raider. Or should I leave the internals stock for a little bit until I have to change something in there?

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Leave it stock, clean the grease from the bb path (Mags, feed tube, hopup rubber, barrel)and play at least 10 games with it before you do any upgrades. You are going to spend 200.00 for minimal performance improvements. Might as well by another AEG....

Rather, pair your AEG with a good battery so you will have great performance with no mods.

BTW...A&K Stock parts is the same as SHS parts. They are made in the same factory. A&K owner is the President of SHS...FYI...

3. Nick43

Nick43 New Member

Farmingdale
    I did not know that thanks for the info about shs. Yea your probably right ill just hold off on all the parts. I just really like the build of the gun. Probably should've spent the extra money on the g&p one.

4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    The G&P one is still available?

5. BeansOnToast

BeansOnToast Active Member

Seattle
    I believe they are discontinued but quite a few float around.

6. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Floating around, where? I know some people that would be interested in it.

Even Vision Trading Company can't get it and they have a line to G&P Hong Kong.

7. BeansOnToast

Seattle
    All of them I've seen are used on hopup. Those are the magpul licensed ones, right?

8. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    G&P one is not Magpul Licensed. Licensed one is made by PTS, of which I have the AKM variant listed on the classifieds.

9. BeansOnToast

Seattle
    That cleared things up, I would still put up a WTB post there and anywhere else if you are interested.