A&K SVD a lost cause? Time to move on perhaps?

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by Ursaring89, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ursaring89

Ursaring89 Member

Danville
    I love my svd, but I went to clean the barrel the other day and the tiny ballbearing from the hop up rolled out, across the floor, down a hole, and into the foundation of the house. I took the hop up apart and discovered that the silicone type cylinder that goes between the ballbearing and the bucking had been broken in half. Now, I know what you're thinking, "How'd it fall out? The bucking would have stopped it.", well the bucking had ripped, I was going to put a new hard type on to replace it after I cleaned the barrel. I found the new hop up chamber on airsoftproz, but I'm unsure as to whether or not It comes with another ballbearing.

Issue #2 with the gun, the cylinder nozzle (where the air exits the cylinder) has been bent ever so slightly, the top has been flattened. Not to the point where its shut, or even down to half the diameter It was, but its a slight bend and I'm unsure as to whether or not its going to affect it. I can't get another nozzle so I'm S.O.L. if I need a new one.

2. Adman234

Adman234 Active Member

Wildwood
    The new hopup unit, if I am correct, uses a totally different design. You don't need the bearing or nub if you bet a new unit.

As for the cylinder head, It should be fine. Maybe some pics of it?

3. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    More than enough threads on this topic already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.