Airsoft Forum banner

A Quick Question

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Rainbow 
#1 · (Edited)
I have recently opened up my gearbox for the first time, it exploded lol. But the explosion is just a side note, don't worry I gathered all the pieces. Now I'm trying to put it back together, but I can't get the trigger to stay in. I've been going at this for a good hour now and whenever I get the trigger into place it pops off because of the spring. Is there any way to get it to stay (I know there is, I just fail), and how am I certain that I have put it in the right place (it looks the way it does in the videos I've watched, but looks can be deciding)?

#2 ·
Based on your description, painters tape may work to hold it in place long enough to put the gearbox back together. At least this worked for me.

#5 ·
Rainbow said:
I was told to put the trigger in first, because it makes it a lot easier. Is it O.K. If I do it last? Will it be any harder?
Alot of times my sector gear gets in the way when I'm putting it in, plus it makes it a little more difficult to see. But you can probably still do it if you want to

#7 ·
Rainbow said:
I don't understand, does it even matter if I put the trigger in last?
No it does'ent, some times you can put the trigger in place and let the front of the spring set on top of the gearbox half, and as you put the top half on, take a small flat head and push the spring back in place as you close it. Sorry if this is confusing.

#8 ·
BRTSoloWing said:
No it does'ent, some times you can put the trigger in place and let the front of the spring set on top of the gearbox half, and as you put the top half on, take a small flat head and push the spring back in place as you close it. Sorry if this is confusing.
I think I'm just going to FaceTime him to help him out. Lol. That is if urban doesn't help him first. REMO GET ON AIM.

#9 ·
Archer627 said:
I think I'm just going to FaceTime him to help him out. Lol. That is if urban doesn't help him first. REMO GET ON AIM.
I've been a whole bunch of fail with this repair lol. I'm working on getting the ARL right now but failing at that as well. On the bright side, I'm learning a lot from this lol

#11 ·
Archer627 said:
Lol. You have a lot to learn, padawan.
You don't even know, this spring

Hand Finger Electrical wiring Cable Wrist

Flew all over the place, learned a good lesson about how to out that back on lol. I learned always to decompress the spring, and at this point a could probably right an article about how to open up your gearbox like a newb

Attachments

#12 · (Edited)
That would be the tappet plate spring....................

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.