A two-fer thread!

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by Fickert, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Fickert

Fickert New Member

Covington
    Alright, so I m beginning the upgrade process on my aac21 m700 (kjw). I am going to rhop the barrel soon and I am stuck on two things considering barrels. One, I will be running 550 fps via co2 conversion and am wondering, which barrel dia would be more effective> a 6.03mm or 6.05mm? I am looking for the best consistancy for the dia and most accurate long range rather than close (Hence sniper).

Second part,
    I will be lapping whatever barrel I get. I feel I can make a crappy 6.03 steel barrel perform better than a prommy 6.03 etc. But I am having issues finding a 6.03 or 6.05 steel barrel for the kjw (I am wanting the 640mm or 650mm length). Anyone help me out?

My plan as of now is I will be buying a cheap 6.05 brass barrel from evike for 28 bucks, and lap it. But if a 6.03 is better overall then I will keep up with my search.

2. Topper

Topper Resident Donkey Supporting Member

New Orleans

If you really want performance, get a PDI off of Brill and lap it. Any diameter is fine you can get there.

Why the heck do you want a 650 mm barrel?

3. Fickert

Fickert New Member

Covington
    Because it fits XD. But please feel free to talk me out of it. I came from a mid range high rof Aeg. Backed out for a few years and jumped into sniping. Let alone gas. I know that I will yield higher fps with a long barrel like so.

4. Topper

New Orleans

You would need a lot of gas to propel a bb through a 650mm barrel, also, 455mm is the respected most accurate length.

5. Fickert

Fickert New Member

Covington
    I will be running hpa so no worries there. btw, you say brill who is brill? I Cannot find a single barrel that is 6.03 that is a vsr style barrel over 600 which is very annoying. I have seen 554's which is becoming tempting.I Have found one Falcon barrel that is specific to the kjw, a 640mm but it is 95 bucks. If it comes down to it, I would by the falcon over them all I think. I just don't know if falcon barrels. They any good? For the money I would hope it is.

6. Topper

New Orleans

Brillarmory.com

455. Get a 455.
    http://www.brillarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=52_70&products_id=485

7. Fickert

Fickert New Member

Covington
    The problem is I need vsr barrels, not aeg barrels, unless I modify it. Which, at the rate I am going I am about willing to now.