AA zero trigger broken spring

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by rochestersniper, Dec 26, 2012.

1. rochestersniper

rochestersniper New Member

Attached below is a picture of the broken spring. You can see in the other picture where the spring is supposed to be and what its function is. With this spring broken, there's no connection between the zero trigger and sear, making it unusable. I have used this trigger for just 2 months...doesn't look like an easy fix to me.

EDIT: First picture is correct positioning of good spring. Second picture is of the broken spring.

Attached Files:

2. kloit

kloit New Member

Greensboro
    Yeah, I read around and know a few other people who have had the same thing happen to them. I even know someone who has had that happen TWICE (yeah, they bought another trigger). Should have gone PDI or Laylax. The action army trigger box may be a clone, but it certainly isn't a clone to the same quality standards. Absolutely no complaints with the laylax zero trigger from anybody. Keep the box lubed and it will go a long way.

Unless you've got some custom maker for you, I don't think that'll be an easy fix. GL though.

3. rochestersniper

Is fishing out $200 pretty much my only option? I don't want to take the risk of buying another AA trigger. It's quite annoying...such a small spring ruining a perfectly good trigger box and sears. Anyone have ideas?

4. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero New Member

Or you could have just bought the real zero trigger in the first place lol.

I have seen small springs like that though. You might be able to just find a replacement. If its a clone of the Zero trigger maybe take a picture of the broken piece and email the people who make the original zero trigger and ask for a replacement.

5. gb65

gb65 New Member

Won't the place you bought it from help you?

The only place I see Action Army Zero trigger's is Airsoft GI. Is that where you got it?

I'm looking to get one of these triggers for my MK96. I also heard the Laylax have had problems as well, not necessarily the same problems though.

6. rochestersniper

Sigh...i doubt ASGI's "tech services" will do much.

7. Rifled-n-Ready

Rifled-n-Ready New Member

Duluth
    Im betting if you picked up a SHS spring set for an aeg v2 spring you could cut down either the tappet or trigger return spring to work. Look on clandestine airsoft to find them

8. rochestersniper

9. Rifled-n-Ready

Rifled-n-Ready New Member

Duluth
    I hope it works out for you, those sniper rifles get expensive to work on.

10. kloit

kloit New Member

Greensboro
    Now I'm going to contradict myself, but
    http://airsoftpro.cz/eshop/product_info.php?products_id=2263
    http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Trigger-mechanism-t211652.html

do look like interesting options that not many people have tried before. The latter is a custom maker who is still making the triggers (kinda like an enhanced PDI V trigger). He sells them for about $80 a trigger. On the other hand, Airsoftpro's entire upgrade set with the trigger costs around $120. Both triggers are of different design and I don't see a major issue with a small spring snapping in any of these. The latter also allows use of the safety lever. Interesting options to try if you ever want to buy another trigger system.