Accuracy of a 6.01mm TBB

Discussion in 'Airsoft Images & Video' started by Chigger, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Chigger

Chigger New Member

Springfield
    The video shows the accuracy of a JBU Tight Bore Barrel (TBB) installed in a m4 with Max compression cylinder, Max compression piston head, aluminum piston with steel teeth, SHS 100:200 Low noise High torque gears, 23000 RPM high torque motor, and working suppressor. The distance is 45' as that is the distance of my living room. The camera is cheep, so please do not make comments about the poor image.....Thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

2. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    Not bad. Admittedly, 45' isn't very far. Have you been able to test it at farther ranges? What sort of spring are you using? You didn't say. It does sound pretty good, though, albeit the camera seemed to be far away from the gun.

3. Chigger

Chigger New Member

Springfield
    currently using SHS xmod 120 but will be installing a 160 on friday. i have not had a chance to test further as it has been raining everyday.

4. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    What battery are you running? If it isn't powerful enough, even with a strong motor you will have issues with that spring. Just wanted to make sure, since it would really suck if you wrestled that M160 in there and couldn't cycle it after :)

5. Chigger

Chigger New Member

Springfield
    7.4v lipo. i have had that issue with a 190. that was a pain to get in and shim correctly, just to have it not cycle...lol. fun none the less.

6. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    Ok, nice to know we have a member who knows what he's doing :) I'd noticed you'd joined a while back, but hadn't seen any of your posts. I've been running 11.1vs for a while now, and I'm actually gonna pick up a 14.8 as soon as I get the actual MOSFET chip in to finish making a DIY one. You should be more than fine with a 7.4 on those gears, though, IIRC how they stack up against other torque gears.

7. Chigger

Chigger New Member

Springfield
    i have another m4 with the mosfet setup and ebb. i havent messed with it yet and might just leave it be. its pretty cool as is. but knowing me, i will get into it sooner or later......thanks for the complement.

8. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    I can't see any video or picture (im on the app, sadly). You really should test this at longer ranges. From my experience so far, the wider the bore, the better the accuracy is at range (not too wide though like a 12mm bore. Lol). The happy medium IMO is 6.03-6.05mm. Once you go below that down to 6.01mm, you lose your accuracy at range.

Currently, the theory for BB travel after making contact with the hop up is the BB "rides" the top of the barrel. In a 6.01, there is less space, so some people say the BB literally "bounces" around the barrel more so than in wider bores. Therefore, accuracy at long ranges will be diminished. In closer ranges, however, a 6.01mm works well. Currently, a test is being done to see if this theory is true on ASM by a manufacturer of BBs known as "BBBastard". I suggest you tune into that if you would like to know more about the behavior of a BB while inside a barrel.

9. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    I still want a slit LRB machined... I wonder what exactly it takes to do it. I've never looked into it, might have to.

10. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    LRBs only work with constant air rigs which are only usually used on Classics. I have an EZ LRB in my M700, but it's simply only a barrel curved down with overhop used to compensate.

11. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    Ssh. Don't destroy my dreams that quickly. :p
    I may try the EZ LRB, but meh.

12. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    If you do it, let me know. I'll be willing to help you out. Also, if you do do it, make sure your barrel has enough room to be bent down about 2mm or so from about the first third of the barrel.