Accuracy Upgrading

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by CajunAirsoft, Jul 29, 2012.

1. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Hey guys my Jg M4's accuracy just isn't cutting it, it isnt bad but it can just get down right inconsistent. My gun constantly curves to the right. It is probably just something simple,but I needed a new bucking a barrel anyway. I'm not really going for a dmr build (i'm staying within field fps) just good accuracy and range for a just field gun. Okay down to it I need your guys opinion on how this set up will work.

Bucking:http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=37781

Barrel(I know prommy is better but I'm on a budget): http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=24374

My gun started as a JG M4 Cqb(300mm outer) so to make up the inner to outer difference will this work?

Extension :http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=32237

Sorry if that was a wall . Thanks for the help.

PS: Does it matter if there is leftover from the difference of your inner and outer+extension?

2. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    Telling us your budget would be pretty helpful too:)

3. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    Here's what I think you should do: Drop that angel bucking and flat hop or R hop the thing. Use a madbull bucking, systema bucking/packing, or a Prommy purple.

You're going to want to perfect the compression (guide on here) and the way the air nozzle contacts the BB(superglue nozzle to the Tappet). Next you need to shim your hop up arm for consistent contact on the bbs. Theres a guide on here too if memory serves. Most likely one on ASM, too. Super glue your nub down to the arm.

Finally, you will want to Stabalize your inner barrel. This can be done with Teflon tape, grease, or even one of those HS5 kits.

Yes, that suppressor will work. (your gun has 14mm CCW threads.)

Regarding your question about the extra length, it's only okay if the suppressor is longer. You don't want the inner barrel sticking out at all from the end of your suppressor.

4. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Well I don't really have one I was just asking what you guys think of the items listed and if they will work. My barrel is 14mm - btw.

5. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    Refer to my post. Should help a lot.

6. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Thanks archer and I meant if the barrel is shorter than the extension by like 30 mm is that okay the next smaller extension is 5mm too small.

Edit: the systema bucking seems almost on too cheap on evike. Promny purple is 20$ : Systema is 8$.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  7. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    Yup. That's just fine. Just make sure the BBs don't hit the "can". Doubt that will happen though.

EDIT: What FPS is your gun shooting right now?

8. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Sorry forgot to list well it's a JG enhanced so I believe it is an m120 prolly around 410ish. Will the systema be too weak? I'm trying to kinda get barrel,mock,and bucking on all one order off evike. I'll have to get a r hop of clandestine.

9. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    In that case get a harder bucking. If I remember right, the madbull red is the harder one.

10. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

11. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Never mind Archer switched to gi And found everything. Look good? And thanks a lot Archer.

Attached Files:

12. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    Gah. My brain is on the fritz. Make sure you get the non finned one. I think the red is finned and the blue is out of stock. Systema bucking will work though. Guarder buckings aren't bad. I'm trying to think of a few other options. -sigh-

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  13. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

No red is hard. Also isnt r hop better than flat hop. I wanna get some experience working with buckings before I r hop. Even with robin's guide r hopping seems really hard. Does the z kit work well the easy install thing.

14. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    Edited my post. I failed. It's getting way to late. Lol.

15. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Yeah I'll post on this one later I'd I have any questions thanks again.

16. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    No problem. I'll hopefully be able to answer your questions!

17. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

First of all, a longer barrel won't really improve accuracy or range. My AK-104 with a 370mm barrel have the same if not longer effective range than my AUG with a 509mm barrel. I've actually considered installing a slightly shorter barrel in my AUG to get better compression. If you're getting a longer barrel you'll have to change the cylinder or you'll get a nasty compression loss.

Forget that silly old myth about longer barrels being more accurate, it just doesn't work that way in airsoft. If you want a longer barrel, you should go for a 400mm barrel, that's right on the compression sweet-spot for a non-ported cylinder, so that will help you get consistent fps at least. Don't bother with those fancy gimmicky buckings, just go with the Flat-hop or R-hop, those hop-up mods will give better results.

You should listen to Archer's advice, he's got some very good advice further up in this thread.

18. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

I was just getting a longer barrel to make the gun look longer. I know about the r hop I just want to install a bucking first then a r hop. We were just deciding what bucking to choose.

19. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    Careful with madbull buckings though, some did not fit without slight modification.

20. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

Agreed. I've had issues with the reds, but the blues have been fine